2015+ GMC CANYON…

Status
Not open for further replies.
thumbsup2.gif
happy2.gif
20.gif

looks too big. like maybe 3/4 scale Sierra/Silverado.
There needs to be a SMALL truck back in the market. not everyone wants a full sized truck. if they can't do that, ship over all the equipment/tooling from the Holden factories they are closing and build us a darn ute.

it's like the last gen of the Dakota, it was only slightly smaller than the Ram 1500, just as capable, and depending on configuration could actually cost more than a comparable ram. by making them so close in size, they just cannibalize their own sales.

Last edited:
Unfortunately,there's nothing to be gained by going mid-size.Mpgs are not great (ok the diesel 2wd might hit 30mpg maybe but i'm skeptical)you give up some towing and space but the footprint is nearly the same unless you're counting inches in say, a 2 car garage or similar.But the price? No, for me the styling is Tonka with a little Tundra thrown in for the same price as a full-size with less capability.To each his own.

I like the frontal view but not much else. I'm afraid the price will be a bit high. Not that the full size trucks are inexpensive, but I think they would be a better value. (?)

Just like the new f150, the nose is too big. The diesel sounds good.

As an owner of a regular cab s-10, IMO it's smart to start with an extended. The regular cab is just too small for anything, no lockable storage really.

But still overall a bit too big. Wonder how thirsty. They'll need to push MPGs if the f150 gives 28-30.

This will probably be my next vehicle. I am driving a 2005 Colorado ZQ8 crew cab that I bought new, and I love it. It's been a great truck, despite all of the negative press for 2004-2012 Colorados / Canyons.

My first thought was that it doesn't look like the Chevy version I saw yesterday, in a different link; the second thought was that it was really just photos of the full sized. It really does look like a scaled down full sized.

I dunno, I know full sized trucks have become a bad mix of everything, but I do like how I have a full width rear seat, and the same width up front, for reasonably comfortable seating for six. Which I have used a handful of times so far, like every couple months. Would these 7/8th sized trucks be the same? I still think 4 door pickups are today's station wagons of old.

I am very excited about the new Colorado/Canyon. I am especially excited for the small diesel. If this mid-size offering is half as refined and capable as the new GM full-size offerings it will be a strong contender. The compacts were great but the market shifted to mid-size trucks because there is a segment that wants most of the features and capability of a full-size without the girth.

Not a bad looking "little" truck. I am interested in the smaller Duramax and will be interested in the numbers when they come out.
It does look like a Sierra but isn't quite so huge. Better than the Colorado front end IMO.

You'll be excited about the Duramax option till you get bit in the wallet for maintenance issues regarding the SCR and DPF units. Seems a lot of folks over look all the emissions stuff they have to pay for and get hit for keeping it going.

That is why I opted for gas in my latest pickup, and a pre-emission Detroit in my 2013 semi truck. I want none of that SCR with it's panther pee, or that blast furnace in my exhaust pipe just waiting for the chance to screw up and catch my vehicle on fire. And yes, I have seen several instances myself of DPF's causing vehicle fires. Not often, but more often than I care to gamble on.

I would be much happier if they topped that V6 they have with a blower. That would be a great engine choice. Even Toyota offers a supercharger option. GM just can't seem to grasp onto that idea except in special order Vettes.

I like it, especially the diesel version. The super cab would be my choice as compared to the crew cab. Price/fuel economy will be a big factor on the sales number. They better be impressive.

Can't the make the grill bigger???? I need at least 24 square feet of front grill space to feel like a man. /end sarcasm.

The front looks like it goes to a 3500 dually diesel truck not a practical mid size run around truck.

I'm really glad they are making this size of truck again, but the grill fad has gone too far once again. I mean look at the bumper+grill area and compare that to the windshield area, wildly out of proportion.

I can't wait until they let me start playing with the options and build one on the website.

This will likely be my next truck, replacing the older Sierra.

Originally Posted By: dareo
Can't the make the grill bigger???? I need at least 24 square feet of front grill space to feel like a man. /end sarcasm.

The front looks like it goes to a 3500 dually diesel truck not a practical mid size run around truck.

I'm really glad they are making this size of truck again, but the grill fad has gone too far once again. I mean look at the bumper+grill area and compare that to the windshield area, wildly out of proportion.

If they do indeed intend to make some sort of diesel engine option available, they might need that extra grill opening and a bigger radiator to keep things cool. I've worked for a Mack dealership for the past 12 yrs now and once the emissions changed in 2007 and they started putting dpf's on the trucks, and then scr systems as well in 2010, we've seen the radiators grow in size tremendously, as well as the size of the cooling fan's.

When the latest Motor Trend "Truck of the Year" comes in at OVER $50K who'll be the 1st to order a NEW IMPROVED "mid-size" truck with a similar bottom line?

{removed off topic comments on the truck}

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez, can we not have a single thread without a "kids these days" derail? We get it, the world is falling apart, nobody cares, it has nothing to do with the truck.

The Canyon looks good. 1500/6700 are seriously respectable loads for a small truck. Not that small, though, at 4000-4400lbs weight. Smaller would be better.

"Active front grill" makes me really curious. I want to see that one in action.

Shame about the transmission situation, but not surprising.

Originally Posted By: metalboy
Jeez, can we not have a single thread without a "kids these days" derail? We get it, the world is falling apart, nobody cares, it has nothing to do with the truck.

The Canyon looks good. 1500/6700 are seriously respectable loads for a small truck. Not that small, though, at 4000-4400lbs weight. Smaller would be better.

"Active front grill" makes me really curious. I want to see that one in action.

Shame about the transmission situation, but not surprising.

Thanks. Was waiting for someone to finally guide the discussion back to the topic at hand.

The 1500 payload and 6700 towing numbers aren't too far off from what my 2004 4x2 Extended Cab Silverado is rated at... even with a 5.3 liter engine.

Can we possibly get back on topic here, and reminisce about the past somewhere in the Off-Topic section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back