vavoline blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting to the point where I can no longer can change my own oil.i have went to monro muffler several times before and they seem to do a good job.plus free tire rotation.I used durablend and sent it to blackstone and both reports came back very good.changed at 5000 miles went back to monro and they said vavoline no longer makes durablend they have a synthetic blend it looks like maxielife HM cannot find it on the vavoline website anyone know anything about this oil? I don't want to put HM in my cars as they only have 40000 and 50000 miles on them.

Valvoline blend will work in your vehicle, but if u are not comfortable with it, just take it to a different oil change shop that has the flavor of oil u prefer

Using HM oil like the maxlife it sounds like they switched to, will not harm your car at all. Valvoline probably ditched dura blend because it was redundant.

Doing a quick search, I see that NAPA, Orchard Supply, and Amazon show Durablend 5w-30 as available. I think it's still out there if you look.

Some shops will do the oil change for about $10 labor if you bring in the parts. Just buy the oil/filter that you prefer and bring it with you.

Originally Posted By: ernied
I am getting to the point where I can no longer can change my own oil.i have went to monro muffler several times before and they seem to do a good job.plus free tire rotation.I used durablend and sent it to blackstone and both reports came back very good.changed at 5000 miles went back to monro and they said vavoline no longer makes durablend they have a synthetic blend it looks like maxielife HM cannot find it on the vavoline website anyone know anything about this oil? I don't want to put HM in my cars as they only have 40000 and 50000 miles on them.

Since you have established a relationship with Monroe, why not ask them if you can bring your own oil in for them to change for you? Win-win getting the oil you want and a trusted service facility.

5000 mile oil drain interval...use any decent oil. It'll work great. Do business where you feel that they treat you and your car well.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
It's a beautiful sunny day here in NNY. Get whatever oil you want and do it yourself!

Apparently you skipped the very first sentence of the OP....he wouldn't even be asking these questions if he could change his own oil.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: ernied

Since you have established a relationship with Monroe, why not ask them if you can bring your own oil in for them to change for you? Win-win getting the oil you want and a trusted service facility.

This

Durablend isn't discontinued as they posted, but its been on life support for a couple of years now.

I like the suggestion of seeing if the shop will change it for you if you bring your own Durablend.

Maxlife won't hurt your newer vehicles one bit though.

Maxlife is a fantastic oil and will work fine. It will cause no harm to your low mileage car. Or maybe the service center has other oils that you can choose from.

I am in same boat. Goodyear has been good to me and they carry Max Life for there blend and that is what I use. Don't worry it is great oil. For all those that say get you own oil and bring it in for 10.00 the way I look at is what am I saving. They charge me 29.99 for a great blend and tire rotation and a balance if I need it. I used to use what was on sale mostly synthetic and with Maxlife it is quieter better fuel mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back