Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a gallon sized Delo jug behind the seat of my truck in which I keep top off/spare oil. It's a mix comprised of:
1 qt Delo 15W40
2 qts QSGB 10W30
1 qt QSGB 10W40
What grade would this be close to? I'm not a mixer, I just put all my spare quarts together to save space.

Why not look up the PDSs and do a weighted average of the specific cSt ratings, then compare to the API range chart??

Less than 7 minutes before you die ?

Sorry man...that sucks...use a calculator and give yourself that extra minute or two.

103 @ 40
11.5 @ 100

Heavy 30, not quite 40

That comment makes more sense when you do not have the formula. Sorry I'm not quite as obsessive as some of these members. In the future I'll make sure to be more concerned over such matters. I know it's a carnal sin to be a little sarcastic, and I'll refrain from doing such, your Holiness.

You know what? Honestly I owe you an apology. Obviously we are two different kinds of people with a different point of view. I appreciate your feedback, and am sorry for the negative comments.

Originally Posted By: Red91
That comment makes more sense when you do not have the formula. Sorry I'm not quite as obsessive as some of these members. In the future I'll make sure to be more concerned over such matters. I know it's a carnal sin to be a little sarcastic, and I'll refrain from doing such, your Holiness.

You better thicken up your skin because that was nothing. Especially, If you want to stick around on here.
spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: Red91
when you do not have the formula.

Don't really need a formula...

your brew is half something, a quarter somehting, and a quarter something else.

Take half the viscosity of one, and a 1/4 the viscosity of the other two...e.g. 5.25+3.5+3.75 (=11.5) for the 100C, and 32.5+35.1+37 (=103.35) for the 40C...

You've used a formula, but broken down into bites...

Cheers

cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back