Veruspeed NISMO filter vs OEM Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mach1Owner
Anyone familiar with the differences?

I have never seen one dissected or seen any independent tests on them.

They do have a great pitch in their literature:

"Nismo Veruspeed Oil Filters feature 21% less pressure loss, 24% increase in filtration, 10% less flow resistance, and 37% increased life."

"Veruspeed adopts a Density Inclination Structure, in which the filter weave becomes closer towards the center. The filter provides both longer life, and better filtration as the bigger particles are caught near the surface, and the tiny particles are caught in the fine mesh near the center, this 3 level filtration greatly increases the effective filtration area. The physical filtration area was enlarged by optimizing the furnace shape, and the improvement of the filter efficiency was achieved by the same measure."

Oem nissan filters are not the greatest. Paper end caps and not many filter pleats. Im sure they have a non coil spring relief. I cut my oem filter off my versa when I first got it. Also found out that wix filter media's in those specific filters are half the height of the can. So wix is also a poor choice.

Originally Posted By: Wilhelm_D

They do have a great pitch in their literature:

"Nismo Veruspeed Oil Filters feature 21% less pressure loss, 24% increase in filtration, 10% less flow resistance, and 37% increased life."

As compared to what? Typical weasel advertising ... all these better parameters by xx% ... but compared to what baseline?

Originally Posted By: abycat
Also found out that wix filter media's in those specific filters are half the height of the can. So wix is also a poor choice.

With a 3750 mile severe service interval, I don't lose much sleep over filter media area.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back