Wegmans Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah try one Rick. Very fresh and good bread. The oil is one of my favorites.

Originally Posted By: andyd
5 Guys backing up a supermkt and a gas station. 5 Guys makes a great burger and their fries are great too.

Oh I love 5 Guys. They recently put one in (funny enough near our Wegmans) near me. Their fries are excellent, not that frozen garbage, and the hamburger sandwich just... tastes... fresh... not fake. Also like that they put a decent amount of pickle on the sandwich. I hate getting a pickle or two that is lucky enough to cover 1/4 of the patty.

I'm addicted to eating a lot of peanuts when I go in there. They also have one of those 1,000,000 flavor Coke machines that is kinda neat.

Last edited:
Never tried Wegmans, but if you want a real Hoagie go to South Jersey and head to Carmen's Deli or Masso's Deli and ask for a Sicilian Hoagie or try their Philly Cheesesteak.

Originally Posted By: Irishman
Char Baby said that Wegmans is the largest grocery store chain in the country. Progressive Grocer lists Wal-Mart as #1, Kroger at #2.......and Wegmans at #20.

My mistake Sorry!
I should have mentioned, in terms of sq. ft. instead of # of Stores.

They have good chicken wings, I don't remember the sub being anything to write home about. I'll have to give it another shot if I'm ever near one again...

They are not good about keeping the buffet stocked at least the one I was next to for a time...

Originally Posted By: redhat
Originally Posted By: andyd
5 Guys backing up a supermkt and a gas station. 5 Guys makes a great burger and their fries are great too.

Oh I love 5 Guys. They recently put one in (funny enough near our Wegmans) near me. Their fries are excellent, not that frozen garbage, and the hamburger sandwich just... tastes... fresh... not fake. Also like that they put a decent amount of pickle on the sandwich. I hate getting a pickle or two that is lucky enough to cover 1/4 of the patty.

I'm addicted to eating a lot of peanuts when I go in there. They also have one of those 1,000,000 flavor Coke machines that is kinda neat.

5 Guys is a good place! First one I went to was in Ithaca NY before there was one in Syracuse or Utica (was living near Utica at the time). Went to a conference in Ithaca, got lost, but found 5 guys for lunch.

My father loves the place. Whenever my parents come out we eat there.

The free topping is nice. I usually load that burger up. But I feel my arteries clogging when I eat there.

Originally Posted By: redhat
We need a BITOG Wegmans Sub meet.

BITOG Central / Western NY meet would be a cool idea actually!

The size of the stores makes my local Shaws look like a Kwiki Mart They are slowly creeping eastward along I-90.

5 Guys Burgers and their toppings are great. But the hand cut fries are just plain awesome!. When my son and I stop, we each get a burger and a drink and split an order of fries,which come in a shopping bag BTW.
laugh.gif

Wegmans Sub-Oil...ohhh yeah. I used to frequent more for there delicious subs when my brother lived up in Binghamton and I visited him. Actually just thinking about Wegmans makes me remember driving up to Binghamton on Route 17 along the southern tier of NY/PA border along the Delaware River. Now that is a beautifully scenic road to take.

Now I only really hit Wegmans on my way into Pennsylvania. I go to the one in Wilkes-Barre.

Last edited:
I do like me a Wegmans sub. Living in Rochester, I have not sampled subs from the many Wegmans stores located in Monroe County. I will make that my mission, to try a sub from every single Wegmans in Monroe County!

Although given the choice between Wegmans and DiBella's, I'll take DiBella's. DiBella's offers more toppings and slightly better bread, along with some subs that Wegmans does not offer.

I'm not a fan of DiBella's as they really seem to skimp on the contence on the Large Sub. And it seems to be getting worst with time in my experience.

Wegmans subs that I have, just about put me under(I'm really full) without any extra chips or mac salad etc. Just the sub!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back