What's your record for no repairs on a new vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this can be beat easily but I have a 2011 Ford Fusion 2.5L 4 cyl with 33,000 miles on it and it has needed no repairs what so ever. Normal maintenance of course.

What is you record??

186k on my 2005 CR-V. Nothing outside of one complete brake job, and normal fluid changes/plugs/wipers. Original everything.

I don't count one windshield due to a rock, either.

You'll have to define normal maintenance with this crowd.

Brakes? How about sticky hardware making them wear early or unevenly?

Timing belt? Preemptive water pump change?

2009 Camry - I4 with AT 240,000 miles:

1 front wheel bearing
replace rear brakes once

Normal maint included:

ATF drain/refill every 30,000 with Toyota WS fluid

Coolant drain/refill every 50,000 with Toyota Super Long Life Pink Coolant.

Oil changes were 8-10,000 mi intervals with Mobil 1 or Pennzoil Platinum and OEM Toyota Filters.

I actually miss that car.

Jetta went 40k before the first recall; second recall around 80k. First real repair(wheel bearings) at 105k. That was three years driving.

Our Camry needed the parking brake handle fixed after one year; this summer I had to do rear brake pads at 50k as they froze up. That was after two years, so disappointed there.

I put 124,000 on my 07 elantra without any major issues.

1 brake job at 105k, 1 timing belt at 90k, 1 sway bar link, trans service every 60k and oil changes every 4k miles, that's it.

Most reliable car I have had to date.

My wife's 2008 Lexus ES350...192,000 miles and one O2 sensor. I am not counting brake pads, fluids, spark plugs, belts.

Sorry, forgot I did replace one wheel bearing at 135k.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
My 1992 Camry LE. Traded it at 100k miles. Changed oil whenever I felt like it. Changed transmission fluid once. Most trouble free car I ever had.

You traded it 100k early.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Normal maintenance to me is all fluids, brake pads, tires, filters, belts, spark plugs.

'06 Mercury Milan V6 3.0 is currently at 124,000mi. with nothing other than routine maintainence, one set of tires and one brake job. Ford did a remarkable job with this model as it was the first year of production.

The car is still in the family, my daughter just bought it from us.

My mom owned an Infiniti I30t for 9 years and the only problem it ever had was a somewhat-loose door ding guard. Sold it to our neighbors and they too have had zero problems in the last 3 1/2 years.

09 CRV. Bought new for my daughter. Currently has ~90k mi on it. Absolutely no repairs needed. Just fluids/filters and new tires.

Both ours are doing poorly by the standards in this thread. Our Fit has needed yearly front brake maintenance to keep from squealing, transmission fluid changes every 15-20k miles, and had a dashboard panel replaced due to very poor fitment at about 25k miles. Our Cruze needed transmission fluid changes at 18k miles and again at ~58k miles. It also needed a replacement trunk switch at ~20k miles.

Those are small-potatoes issues that happened early in the car's lives. Beyond that, they've both been trouble-free.

I had a 1984 Nissan Pickup truck That needed a new alternator after 4 years and 120K as I recall. A clogged in-line fuel filter around the same time, but that's maintenance, technically. Nothing after, Lost an argument with a cow at 236K. (Mobil 1 at 6K OCI by the way).

Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: eljefino

Normal maintenance to me is all fluids, brake pads, tires, filters, belts, spark plugs.

I'd also include hoses, battery, and shocks/struts. Anything that has a specified maintenance interval or is meant to be replaced peiodically. I'd probably throw light bulbs in there too.

Many vehicles call for a timing belt replacement at X number of miles, so that would be considered maintenance. Many also call for the water pump to be replaced as part of the job, so it becomes maintenance by proxy. However, if the timing belt or water pump were to fail before the specified replacement interval, I would consider it a repair.

One could also argue that in a manual transmission, the clutch would be a maintenance item.

clutch is a maintenance item if it lasts over 100k miles.

if it lasts less than that.. its a driver or car issue imo.

I've never had one wear out in under 100k

I've had them replaced under 100k, ie ranger that had a bad slave cylinder at 90k It all has to come out.. so clutch was done too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back