MotorKote Stiction Remover

Status
Not open for further replies.
*Note: I made this exact post on a different website ( http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckin...on-remover.html ) but I wanted to find out what this forum has to say about it*

Has anyone seen this product? Has anyone TRIED this product?

The following is posted on their website. (Source http://motorkote.com/64oz-motorkote-...n-remover.html )
================================================== =============================================

Injection Stiction occurs when oxidation & carbon build-up form inside the injector. This is related to newer injection technology that runs hotter & causes the oil side of the injector to stick or foul. MotorKote® Diesel Stiction Remover™ removes carbon build-up & provides a coating to eliminate friction in diesel injectors.

BENEFITS:
• Often Restores Fouled Injectors
• Helps Restore Lost Power & Compression
• Fights Deposit Build-up
• Helps Reduce Friction Drag & Wear
• Helps Prevent Build-up of Harmful Chemical Oxidation
• Helps Reduce Noise & Vibrations in Lifters & Valves
• Reduces Blow-by & Helps Smooth Idle
RECOMMENDED USAGE:
• Initial cleanup in Pickup Truck replace 64 fl oz of oil with Diesel Stiction Remover®
• Prevention replace 32 fl oz of oil
• Initial cleanup in Semi Truck replace 128 fl oz of oil with Diesel Stiction Remover®
• Prevention replace 64 fl oz of oil

================================================== ================================================== =====

I haven't found anyone talk about this product on forums, but when I start looking up other products of theirs, 80% seem to be bogus promotional posts from Chinese marketing firms (single post users with unsubstantiated claims), with 20% seeming to be from legitimate forum users (high post counts). I'd love to believe a witch doctor, but I'm not willing to spend what will be nearly $130 after taxes and shipping costs on snake oil. Just wanting thoughts or experiences.

I always add Lucas or Howes to my fuel, but thought maybe trying this might offer additional help to improve performance.

I'm curious to know how putting something in the oil is going to clean the injectors.
Something doesn't sound right. My thought without doing any research is essence of reptile.

There are few oil additves that i would use. Any company that claims an oil additive helps injectors is suspect just like Trav stated. The only oil additives i would use are moly additives.

Guys, I think he's talking about the Ford diesels that use high pressure engine oil to actuate them... Not sure if Cummins or the Dura Max uses that design.

I've definitely heard of the phenomenon of "stiction" but know little of it's remedy.

I have never heard a first hand account of anyone having this stuff actually work. A friend had the stiction issue on his 6.0, but started using Rotella and the issue went away after a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back