Does Pennzoil Make A Syn Blend 5w20 Or 10w30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
does pennzoil make a 5w20 or 10w30 syn blend? And if so are they dexos approved?
I like their 5w30 dexos approved semi synthetic as long as the price does not continue to creep up i will tell everyone to use it

I thought it had to be 5w30 to be dexos.

PZ syn-dexos is over $4/qt at walmart. For that money I can get Peak full syn, also dexos approved.

The Gold Syn Blend is listed on Pennzoil's website as available in 5w20, 5w30 and 10w30.

According to the Dexos1 list online, there is also a 5w20 and 0w20 syn. blend available that are dexos approved, however, I don't see these on Pennzoil's site yet. My guess is as 5w20/0w20 is becoming more common in GM vehicles, you'll be able to find the 20wt. in the future with a dexos label.

Since (AFAIK) 10w30 isn't the recommended weight for any new GM vehicles you're not going to get a 10w30 on the Dexos List (but Pennzoil does apparently make the syn. blend gold in 10w30).

Other than the 5w30 at Wally's they are pretty much "Bigfoot" oils, they supposedly exist but you'll never find 'em!

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Other than the 5w30 at Wally's they are pretty much "Bigfoot" oils, they supposedly exist but you'll never find 'em!

laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back