Purolator L30257 (9250 miles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good and totally blows away what has been said by folks in other posts about the Purolator classic only being good for 3000 miles! That is a solid filter at a bargain price.

Last edited:
Obviously your engine is clean and you were able to push this filter to its limits and still come out with no issues.

Anyhow, I love purolator filters and I love seeing my pride in them backed up with cut aways and UOA.

Thanks for post!

stang5 - nice filter cutter.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Looks good and totally blows away what has been said by folks in other posts about the Purolator classic only being good for 3000 miles! That is a solid filter at a bargain price.

Yet another Purolator "internet false rumor" ... just like the "PureOnes are restrictive" internet rumor.
grin.gif

If you go read Purolator's website carefully, you will see that they recommend the use and warranty all their oil filters for the recommended change interval from the vehicle manufacturer.

So, if the filter was on a GM vehicle for 1 year and 10,000 miles based on the vehicle's OLM, then that is the "recommended change interval" by the vehicle manufacturer, and Purolator would have to guarantee and warranty their filter for that duration. That's how Purolator has described their use recommendation and warranty coverage.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy

Think of it this way and ask these questions:

Do you honestly believe an oil filter made today is of generally better quality than made in say, 1977?

If you answered yes consider this: the 1977 Pontiac Bonneville with equipped 301 V8 had a 7500 mile Highway oil change interval (3000 severe) with a filter change every OTHER oil change.

If an oil filter made 37 years ago was good enough to use for up to 15,000 miles, surely one made today could at least last that long.

I would expect nothing less, and suspect it would go 15k miles.

I had the same experience with my PC filter (10k miles) and FL400S (15k miles). Here is the 15k mile FL filter.
http://s1333.photobucket.com/user/dnewton3/media/filter pix fl400s/IMG_0040_zpsfa477e26.jpg.html
I didn't take pix of the PC filter, but I can assure you it looked every bit the same as this Classic and my MC filter.

Normal lubes and filters are way more capable than most folks will give credit for.

Last edited:
It's difficult to not appreciate the value of the Purolator Classic as shown here. As mentioned based on the filter's appearance, I'd say the engine must be well maintained and in good shape. Just curious in what time frame this oci was accomplished? For sure, you got your monies with this L30257.

Imo another example of, if one can find a better filter than a Classic for $3.27(WW), buy it.

Thanks for the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back