debating on first rifle, high point 995 VS 10/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed you are in Chicago, and if you have ammo capacity restrictions, i change my recommendation to a Rock island armory 1911 in 45 acp. Get the basic 10/22 and save up some money for one of the best cheap 1911s out there. That gun will only run you mid $400s brand new and they get great reviews. If you can't have 19+ rounds of 9 you might as well have a 45.

Originally Posted By: dareo
I just noticed you are in Chicago, and if you have ammo capacity restrictions, i change my recommendation to a Rock island armory 1911 in 45 acp. Get the basic 10/22 and save up some money for one of the best cheap 1911s out there. That gun will only run you mid $400s brand new and they get great reviews. If you can't have 19+ rounds of 9 you might as well have a 45.

I'm limited to 10 or 11 rounds. But the burbs that i frequent they have a 9 mag limit.

I dont see a big negative in the HP, its a cheap beater gun. From what i read it doesn't have a high failure rate. Pretty much its like a Geo metro of cars. But i'll consider this, i'll get some range time before i make my handgun buy.

Shot a 10/22 takedown quite a bit this summer. Jammed a bit more than a regular 10/22 which loads and fires reliably in my experience.

Might have been the ammo but if It were me I'd go for the standard unit.

Originally Posted By: bowlofturtle
Originally Posted By: dareo

I'm limited to 10 or 11 rounds. But the burbs that i frequent they have a 9 mag limit.

I dont see a big negative in the HP, its a cheap beater gun. From what i read it doesn't have a high failure rate. Pretty much its like a Geo metro of cars. But i'll consider this, i'll get some range time before i make my handgun buy.

Hi Bowl,

Our laws in Chicago and Illinois changed DRASTICALLY last summer with the passage of the Conceal Carry law. The Conceal Carry law superceded all local laws and ordinances for pistols and pistol ammo. Chicago revised their law on the book - getting rid of registration, upping mag limit to 15, and a few others, although the ordinance says that nothing in it shall be construed to supercede state law, so you are ok if you have a FOID or CCL. In regards to rifles, those are still subject to local ordinances within your home. Chicago also revised their 'Assault Weapon' ordinance and some previously legal rifles are now illegal. However, you are technically ok if you are transporting any firearm in your vehicle to any location, as that is part of the state statute.

Illinoisecarry.com is the best resource to find out about the newest laws. There are a ton of chicago people on there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back