2 Stroke Oil for 97 Seadoo GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing if any of you guys might have a jet ski or two laying around. Was wondering what kind of oil you guys use. I have been using MasterPro 2-Cycle Sport from O'Reilly. The motor (787) seems to run fine on the oil, but every other trip out, I clean the RAVE valves because they want to start sticking and have buildup on them. Seeing if you guys have any recommendations other than the Rotax synthetic oil that is EXPENSIVE as [censored]! Also, it has a little over 90 hours on it. Thanks.

I'm a big fan of amsoil 2 stroke oils for performance power equipment. It burns clean without any residue or gumming so problem solved.

With RAVE, you're required to run a synthetic, API-TC oil -- Quicksilver PWC Full Synthetic 2-Cycle is available at your local Wal-Mart for $38.77/gallon.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
With RAVE, you're required to run a synthetic, API-TC oil -- Quicksilver PWC Full Synthetic 2-Cycle is available at your local Wal-Mart for $38.77/gallon.

I have looked high and low for the Quicksilver at multiple Walmart's Close to me. What do you think about the Mystik JT-4 Synthetic? I can get this at any of the Academy's around me for $19.99/gallon.

Here's the product information sheet:

http://docs.mystiklubes.com/msds_pi/M20077.pdf

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: clintonhutson
I have looked high and low for the Quicksilver at multiple Walmart's Close to me. What do you think about the Mystik JT-4 Synthetic? I can get this at any of the Academy's around me for $19.99/gallon.

Are you sure you were looking in the right place? Their website shows it available, and in-stock at all the local Wal-Marts in your area.

Regardless, if you can get the Mystik for $19.99, I'd say go for it!

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam
Originally Posted By: clintonhutson

Are you sure you were looking in the right place? Their website shows it available, and in-stock at all the local Wal-Marts in your area.

Regardless, if you can get the Mystik for $19.99, I'd say go for it!

I even checked online and indeed it said they had it in stock...none on the shelves unfortunately. I guess I could do the site to store and then pick it up...never tried it before.

But I agree...I figured at $20/gallon for a full synthetic, I might as well give it a try!

Thanks!

Johnson/Evinrudr/OMC 2T oil is also stocked at all Walmarts in both conventional and synthetic.

Good stuff.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Johnson/Evinrudr/OMC 2T oil is also stocked at all Walmarts in both conventional and synthetic.

Good stuff.

If I'm thinking of the right oil, I believe it is a TC-W3 "Ashless" formulation...where my jet ski calls for API TC "Low Ash".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back