Pricing Vintage Shotgun-Remington Model 11 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a friend who wants to barter a Remington Model 11 20ga shotgun to me in trade for some auto parts. I have a blue book of gun values that is relatively recent. The big rub on this gun is that it was his moms, and when it was still relatively new, they shortened the stock to make it a "youth/ladies" shotty. How much should one knock off the value for that? I know a refinish usually knocks about 50% off the gun, but not sure how much these mods kill the value.

$150 or less. They were made between 1905 and 1947, so they are pretty vintage at this point.

There are much better guns out there now, so I would personally tell him that you are not that interested unless it was heavily in your favor, like $50 trade value.

My blue book cuts of at 60% and puts the value at $225 for a plain barrel, 300 for a solid rib, and 350 for a vent rib.

And I know its a unmodern design, I have a 70's Japanese Browning A5 to use if I want to go hunting with a humpback. I was just trying to gauge value since I would probably just take it to a gun show and swap it for something down the road.

People try and trade me guns all the time that I have no interest in. Unless it weighs heavily in my favor, I pass. I too would just use it as trading fodder down the road to get something I would rather have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back