What's the most redneck thing they sell at HF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to vote for the 1500 volt fly swatter.

image_11241.jpg

Nothing else they sell, in my hands, elicits a more favorable "Daaaaaaang" when used.

Bear in mind, they have some other things that wind up in the HANDS of rednecks, but are actually quite awesome. Like their 11 hp gasoline powered v-twin air compressors, one inch drive impact gear, etc.

Runners up in my mind include those car canopy things which double as wedding halls, and the air compressor train horns. What else?

I didn't see the electric flyswatter. I ll be a getting me one of those. The most popular among the Rednecks is the two stroke 800 watt generator. You find at least 5 at every large Redneck gathering.

Last edited:
I have one of the electric flyswatters. It works great on wasps as well as flies. Don't hold the button down too long or the bug will actually start smoking and will stink to high heaven. Don't ask me how I know this lol.

I saw in a Northern Tool catalogue over the holidays a camo toilet seat for your trailer hitch....would it qualify?

Originally Posted By: gman2304
I saw in a Northern Tool catalogue over the holidays a camo toilet seat for your trailer hitch....would it qualify?

That would be the Off Road Commode:

(Don't think HF sells them, but Northern tool sells just as many redneckish items as HF, if not more )

offroad_commode.jpg

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
WD40 serves no useful purpose that I see...

First bought it when it came out, cleared up the static in the vol switch of my NOVA.

Yesterday, used it to free the locks on my vehicle and it cleared all three , today, much easier to put key into, in this 17 F degree weather.

Years ago used it in my Dodge Caravan during damp weather on engine wires to start vehicle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KD0AXS

offroad_commode.jpg

Pfft... I'll just weld a horseshoe to some 2" square stock. Cushions are for city boys.
wink.gif

I have a case of duct tape, a two stroke generator, and the flame thrower, among many other things.
I use the porch to thaw plumbing. you take a small piece of skirting off and stick a piece of covert tube in. start the porch and blast it in the tube.. it don't take long to get water when you're blasting 200,000plus btu.

ken

my bother ran the two stroke 24/7 for 8 days straight. was running of 5gallon tank. using amsoil saber at 100:1.

Ken

I'd get a turkey fryer if they sold them cheap. (And maybe they do.) Though arguably soemthing mixing all that hot oil and propane shouldn't be a place to skimp on workmanship.

The best part about the HF model is that they lack a safety. You can shock people.

Buddy of mine thought it was the more expensive model of electric flyswatter. He tapped the guy he was standing next to on the back of the legs. Thought it would scare him. Turns out their arms were touching and they both got zapped.

I personally use mine for wasps. Just smack the nest the the dead of summer and let her eat.

I use WD40 all the time to flush out my locks on my car.

If you wash your car in the Winter and don't have power door locks, it works great to shoot WD40 in the locks to get the water out before it freezes.

Works well once in a while in the ignition cylinder too.

Also, if you get a lot of freezing rain, WD40 will prevent you from having frozen locks. The ice even breaks free easily from around the keyhole where the WD40 creeps out.

I just haven't found much else of a use for it, but this is a pretty big one for me up in Quebec.

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Originally Posted By: gman2304

That would be the Off Road Commode:

(Don't think HF sells them, but Northern tool sells just as many redneckish items as HF, if not more )

offroad_commode.jpg

For that touch that says "I care about hygiene", it needs a TP dispenser on the bumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back