gumout octane boost

Status
Not open for further replies.
picked up a bottle at the local WallyWong and read the ingredients, it had amine listed. so does that mean the cheap $3 gumout octane boost has PEA in it? any ideas how much if it does?

I looked up a MSDS on it, that only said kerosene and proprietary cleaners, so no help there.

All you can do for a lot of the cleaners is to pour them in and see if they work.
Not much to it.

Not much information about it out there with their "proprietary cleaners".

I don't think the octane boost does but the Gumout Regane should have tons of it.

You can always rely on Techron to have PEA in it. The very dark colored bottles of Gumout should have lots too, including the Regane and the complete fuel system cleaner.

What do you mean by "amine"? An amine is just an organic compound. The one you want is polyether amine, and it needs to be in a significant dosage (20%+).

Originally Posted By: dparm
What do you mean by "amine"? An amine is just an organic compound. The one you want is polyether amine, and it needs to be in a significant dosage (20%+).

Doesn't have to be 20% unless it's needed for a quick cleanup. I remember looking up the "treat rate" for a certain pump fuel additive. The ratio of the additive package to fuel was around a 1:2700 (to achieve Top Tier requirements) and the PEA content of the additive was around 6%.

the bottle listed amine as an ingredient. it did not specify which one though. that's what made me curious about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back