What's the difference between Mobil ATF fluids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the difference between Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF and Mobil Delvac 1 Synthetic ATF?

Would you put one of these or Amsoil ATF in a 2005 F150?

Last edited by a moderator:
M1 Synthetic ATF datasheet:

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_1_Synthetic_ATF.aspx

M1 Delvac Synthetic ATF datasheet:

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENCVLMOMobil_Delvac_Synthetic_ATF.aspx

The fluids are very similar. The Brookfield viscosities are quite different too, interestingly. Delvac carries a lot of industrial vehicle approvals, whereas the regular M1 carries passenger vehicle approvals.

I would be inclined to run the regular M1 over Delvac since that carries the approvals your truck calls for.

I would use the Amsoil over M1 atf. I have used exclusively Amsoil in my 5 vehicles including manual trans and full on race vehicles (5 total cars) for over a million miles without a problem. Longest run is on a 96 C1500 with 402k miles on the original trans with nothing but fluid changes every 100k (first at 30k with filter)

I have run Amsoil ATF on 4 vehicles with zero transmission problems. Also in two transfer cases and Amsoil SVG in many F & R diff.

While I feel the synthetic motor oils like T6 or M1 or PP/PU come close to Amsoil signature oils, I think the Amsoil is a step up from other synthetic ATFs.

Mobil Delvac 1 ATF is a Allison TES-295 ATF/Dexron III fluid. Uses Group IV base oil. Very good ATF, It's only purpose is to meet Allison specs.

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF is Mercon V approved & Allison C4 approved...Making it a Dexron/Mercon fluid.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I have run Amsoil ATF on 4 vehicles with zero transmission problems. Also in two transfer cases and Amsoil SVG in many F & R diff.

While I feel the synthetic motor oils like T6 or M1 or PP/PU come close to Amsoil signature oils, I think the Amsoil is a step up from other synthetic ATFs.

I agreed.

Since you change ATF once every 50-60k miles, the extra cost of Amsoil ATF over that mileage is less than a dollar per 1,000 miles.

I have used M1 ATF for 20+ years with no trans or PS pump problems. As for Delvac 1, no experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back