Can Kroil hurt anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't be a problem with any metal parts. I would keep it away from wood stocks (ie, don't soak the wood in any oil)because any oil can swell wood and change your point of impact.

I don't think Kroil would give you any lasting rust protection on metal. There are better products out there for corrosion protection.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Shouldn't be a problem with any metal parts. I would keep it away from wood stocks (ie, don't soak the wood in any oil)because any oil can swell wood and change your point of impact.

I don't think Kroil would give you any lasting rust protection on metal. There are better products out there for corrosion protection.

+1

Kroil safe to use on metal gun parts. Kroil is a solvent like most bore cleaners on the market. Like any solvent they are not used for rust protection.The idea is that kroil will get under and lift jacket fouling in a barrel, insread of using a bore cleaner with ammonia. Ive used it in the past. DD

Metal parts...no. Some of the older plastic pieces in older guns, perhaps. And as mentioned the wood will soak it up and it can cause it to weaken, discolor, and swell.

Originally Posted By: dinkydau
Kroil safe to use on metal gun parts. Kroil is a solvent like most bore cleaners on the market. Like any solvent they are not used for rust protection.The idea is that kroil will get under and lift jacket fouling in a barrel, insread of using a bore cleaner with ammonia. Ive used it in the past. DD

I was wondering about something like ammonia, but I guess none in Kroil. Hoppes has ammonia if I remember correctly and shouldn't be left to soak.

And as mentioned I should use Kroil like a solvent more so than an oil used for protection.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back