Any experience with AAP 0w-20 oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not that good of a deal for a store brand. That's more expensive than most name brands at walmart.

Made by WPP, its a good oil but not for that price.

id hit up walmart n wait for AAP to have a good oil change special n stock up. M1 with M1 filter was $32 last month, n QSUD was $22 with Pure1 2 months ago. jmo

No experience with AAP oil, but that's no bargain -- you can get Amsoil OE 0w20 for $4.70 a quart.

Haven't used it, but it seems expensive for generic 0w20.
The new Mazda with moly(221 VI) and TGMO 0w20 (216) would definitely be tops in 0w20.
Normally found at very reasonable prices for what you are getting.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
PASS! you can get name brand (M1, PP, QSUD..and so on) at Walmart for even less.

+1 word up

Hi Kuato,

What store has that price? Thanks!

I have tried my local walmart and the only 0w20 they carry is the mobile 1. I'll keep looking though!

That's not some kind of good deal.
M1 0w-20 can be had for 25 a jug and as per the posted used oil analysis here it's a long drain capable oil.
Personally I'd pay the extra few bucks for the M1 and run it 15000 miles which will actually cost less per mile.
Aap oil has little to no data posted here therefore I'd have to get a used oil analysis done to establish a prudent oci which adds to the cost of the product whereas the M1 has many used oil analysis posted here so one can use the data posted here to make an informed oci decision thereby actually incurring less out of pocket expense.
I'm no fan of Mobil whatsoever however at 25 a jug at wal-mart it's very tough to beat once you factor in its typical long drain ability and ease of access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back