What is your Oil stash: brands/how much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wemay

CORRECTION:
Exchanged all but the Edge (wifes car) for Valvoline Synpower 5W-30. So now I have 11 jugs of it on hand. For some reason I feel accomplished, lol.

Now after getting 4-jugs of VWB from a co-worker at our Holiday gift exchange.... my Valvoline stock is pretty stout. If it garners a good 5k mile UOA, i'll be exchanging the Synpower for the VWB at my local WM.

Last edited:
14 qts. German Castrol 0W-30
5 qts. M1 AFE 0W-20

1 Mobil 1 M-110 oil filter
2 Mann HU 816X oil filters

Just started building my stash about a month ago.

Update of my stash. Pics included.

image.jpg

Just added from recent autozone sales:

10 quarts Synpower 0w20.
6 quarts Edge/Gold 5w20.
6 quarts Purple 5w30.

Originally Posted By: Garak
No one can say you don't give every brand a chance.
wink.gif

I haven't given mobil oils a chance yet, pre BITOG I only used Castrol and supertech, since I joined I haven run across a MOBIL oil sale so my current stash of 120+ quarts contains 5 brands but no MOBIL yet, I'm sure that will change. Mobil 1 one of the more popular oils so you don't see it on sale often.

Originally Posted By: laserred96gt
Originally Posted By: Garak
No one can say you don't give every brand a chance.
wink.gif

I haven't given mobil oils a chance yet, pre BITOG I only used Castrol and supertech, since I joined I haven run across a MOBIL oil sale so my current stash of 120+ quarts contains 5 brands but no MOBIL yet, I'm sure that will change. Mobil 1 one of the more popular oils so you don't see it on sale often.

At 25 a jug and you want a sale.
If I could get 0w-40 for 25 a jug like you guys can I'd spend a roll on the stuff.
I found PU for 28 a jugs(now its 70)and bought 14 of them. I found qsud for 21 a jug and bought 10 then pp for 22 so I grabbed 10 more.
Typically Canadian engine oil prices are double the American price.
Garak is right. For the best everyday price a distributor is the best way to go.

I have to give Canadian Tire a backhanded compliment, though, with their latest QSGB special. The did have enough stock scattered throughout the store that there was plenty to buy, if I were so inclined. Their main QS shelf was an absolute joke, though. I have a picture I'll have to download and post. There was one column of oil for 5w-30, and about four or so for 5w-20, and about five or so for 10w-30. Of course, the 5w-30 was cleaned out, because that's a commonly used grade. 5w-20 is used, but they had plenty of shelf space for it. They had enough 10w-30 to choke a horse, though. 10w-30 isn't on the top of my shopping list for Saskatchewan winters (or summers, for that matter), and no one specifies the stuff anyway.

After the AutoZone clearance, I have more $3/qt 5w20 Edge GOLD than I have storage to place it in. Um, gotta run, I hear the wifes car... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back