Your favorite non-OEM halogen headlight bulb?

For me, I use PIAA 4000K Xtreme White Plus 9005 and 9006's for both my Dodge Magnum and my Grand Prix. I do have a set in my stock of Sylvania XtraVision regular halogens for both vehicles and I do prefer the Sylvania regular bulbs for my turn signals and for the Grand Prix's DRL's.

I ran Sylvania Silverstar Ultras in my last car and they lasted for 4 years and didn't go out. I have Hellas in my current car; H9 and H11. Absolutely no issues and it's been 1 1/2 years.

EiKo ClearVision SOLUX.

Clearer, whiter, wider, and farther than my old Sylvannia Silverstar Ultras and are stated to last as long as a traditional halogen bulb. The cutoff is crisp and the brightness is even. I have driven cars with projected HIDs that were worse.

I really like the company's ideas and design model.

I wish I could take pictures and videos for you guys, but they would just be from a cell-phone. I can say that this rather fishy video proved to be legit.

http://eiko.com/products.aspx
https://www.headlights123.com/clearvision_supreme_solux_halogen_headlights.php

I am just really happy with my purchase. I got some 9007s for $43 shipped. They are noticeably better than my old silverstar ultras and should last longer, for the same price. Apparently EiKo is creating a track record for green lighting advancements.

Awesome headlights. AWESOME. I am going to eventually put them in my girlfriend's car.

I was pretty happy with the GE Nighthawks I had in my car for 3.5 years as a '+1' upgrade. The Sylvania XtraVisions were even a smidge brighter for the 9 months they lasted. Philips VisionPlus are what's in there now. We'll see what the drive home tonight is like.

Sylvania's burned me too many times now so never again. Their 'Long Life' line of marker and taillight bulbs have proven to be garbage.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Sylvania's burned me too many times now so never again. Their 'Long Life' line of marker and taillight bulbs have proven to be garbage.

A quick inspection reveals that most of Sylvania's marker lamps are produced in third-world nations, and probably to an inferior quality standard. You are indeed correct: they are garbage.

One of the best options for marker lamps is a local Honda or Acura dealer. The Honda bulbs are made in the United States by Stanley Lighting, and are of excellent quality. They are pricey, but they are, in my opinion, worth the additional cost over the Sylvania/no-name bulbs.

Here is a brief cross-reference:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/show...ley-light-bulbs

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
I was pretty happy with the GE Nighthawks I had in my car for 3.5 years as a '+1' upgrade. The Sylvania XtraVisions were even a smidge brighter for the 9 months they lasted. Philips VisionPlus are what's in there now. We'll see what the drive home tonight is like.

Well, the Philips VisionPlus is a decent bulb I guess but I'm disappointed. The beam pattern and overall light output seems softer and slightly yellower than the XtraVisions they replaced which was contrary to what I've read about them. I'm sticking with them but I won't be buying another set.

You guys have any suggestions for my old truck? '92 Chevy K1500. Wouldn't mind some brighter low-beams but Silverstars are like 40 bucks a pair and I've always heard how quickly they burn out. Anything that's better, brighter, and whiter than stock but won't break the bank and will last almost as long as OEM?

Last edited:
You can run a relay directly from your battery to your lights so you don't get the voltage drop the factory harness gives you. I've seen them as a specific vehicle harness or build it yourself.

Just put xenon high performance 2.0 bulbs from HELLA on the tacoma. Very impressed with low beam casts a lot more light out than stock which is the point of better. High beams I haven't quite judged how far they shine yet, but soon I will.

Hella replacement headlamps in cherokee some 10yrs + ago.

Now H4 bulbs in the Tacoma. Easy install. Don't touch lens!!! And use a fair amount of dielectric silicone. Shouldn't have any problems!!!

I have the sylvania xtravision bulbs in my civic replacing some super white bulbs the PO had in there. After adjusting the headlights (he also put in aftermarket assemblies) they are very nice. Drove about 400 miles last night and really noticed a difference. They weren't super cheap though, and I see people saying they don't last long. What would be a good bulb that lasts and doesn't break the bank?

The Xtra vision has a good life span, you probably don't want to go much higher otherwise your sacrificing lumens.

I believe the standard Sylvania bulbs offer longer life. As you go up in brightness your lifespan goes down.

Back