Subie WRX or STi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: The Critic

Congrats. Just don't let them prep the car (aside from mechanical) -- once they wash it, they'll probably swirl up the paint.

Good God - what would they use?????

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: The Critic

Congrats. Just don't let them prep the car (aside from mechanical) -- once they wash it, they'll probably swirl up the paint.

Good God - what would they use?????

Usually dirty wash mitts and poor washing practices.

Some dealers think they're doing their clients a favor and allow their inexperienced "detailers" to polish the cars with a rotary, too:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-...irl-option.html

When I bought my Outback in 2011,the salesman looked at me like I had two heads when I told him not to let his lot guys wash it.

One look at the brush laying on the ground told me all I needed to know.

Good advice on avoiding the wash. IIRC your car is white which will hopefully hold up pretty well, but if my experience with my dark gray WRX is any indication, this car's paint is pretty pitifully weak. Luckily Scratch-X and Swirl-X work pretty well on it.

Doesn't matter though. It's an AWESOME car despite the [censored] paint.

Congrats, and awaiting pics!

Got the car. . . .

Pics, or it didn't happen.

Gotta add, Roo guys are lucky: Subaru still gives a [golly darn
grin.gif
] about genuine gearheads.

Originally Posted By: Hounds
Got the car. . . .

Pics, or it didn't happen.

Gotta add, Roo guys are lucky: Subaru still gives a [golly darn
grin.gif
] about genuine gearheads.

WRX1.JPG

WRX2.JPG

WRX3.JPG

WRX4.JPG

WRX5.JPG

It's a handsome car indeed. I shouldn't have clicked on this link, it's not helping me appreciate my 400K KM Accord.

Thanks guys.

Yeah my old trailer is getting a bit rotten (wood), but I bought it new for peanuts at Fred Meyer in 2002, made the and finished the bad and sides. Served me well since I sold my truck. Been thinking I need a truck!

Volvo2006.JPG

White is nice after owning the Nautic Blue Volvo. No dark paint for awhile!

2014 is the LAST YEAR for this WRX model and so far I don't like what 2015 is showing. There is a mad rush now for the 2014. I kid you not - I'm sure they can still be found, but rumor is the assembly line is changing over.

Did my first mod: Locking lug NUTS. Notice I said NUTS. I am sick and tired of lug screws. Anyway my wheels are a bit more secure.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Patman
Nice car Pablo! Enjoy! Gotta be the first to ask the question, when is the first oil change?
smile.gif

Apparently 7500 miles.
grin2.gif

I'll get right on that.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
what is the difference between hatchback, 5-door and wagon?

2014 WRX? Nothing. They are one and the same. The other body variant is the 4 dr sedan, which to me oddly is quite ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back