Almond Milk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Turk
Aldi's price is $2.49 for 1/2 gallon.

This is what 1/2 gallon of cow's milk costs around here.

A gallon of Cow's Milk is $2.38 here, so if I switch over it'll be double.

...of course, my Step-Daughter is Asian & lactose intolerant, so now it'll be triple.
33.gif

...oh my Asian Wife likes it too. Uh-oh.
lol.gif

I like it ! ... I'm lactose intolerant and use it or soy milk but my Chiropractor recommends the almond milk as it won't promote or cause any inflammation in the body ... but it's pricey around here... $3.29 to $3.99 depending on brand.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
Been making our own for 20+ years. It's so easy, why you would buy it I don't know. Plus, I know for sure what kind of almonds I'm using and that I didn't "clean" them with chemicals.

Recipe? I'm sure it's easy.

I like almond milk.

There are tons of YouTube videos about making your own nut milks. Generally, about 1/2 cup of the nut to 2 cups of water is a decent measure.

You will need either a cheese cloth or purpose made nut milk bag (bought mine on Amazon for $7) to stain off the liquid.

I add ice to the water (to combat the heating action of high speed blending), put the iced water and nuts in the blender, run it at MAX for 5 mins. strain it, enjoy.

Its way better to make your own, why?...no preservatives, you get to choose your own sweetener (if any).....honey, stevia, vanilla stevia, plain old sugar if you like, etc etc...

Play around with different nuts. this morning I made Hemp milk cause I like it in my coffee.

Its fun, easy, quick and once again, its a step closer to being more in control about what goes into your body
smile.gif

I welcome any questions.

stro...

You mean the Almonds are not squeezed to get the milk out??

j/k. Someone had to ask...
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Yes I have tried the Almond Milk! Have any of you tried it in Chocloate Flavor?

M'mmmmmmmmmm!

Originally Posted By: Pablo

Chocolate almond milk is deadly good. Don't ever start drinking it.

stro...

lol.gif

Thats a good idea!

Originally Posted By: MuzzleFlash40
Almond milk is awesome in cereal, but I'm not a fan of drinking it straight.

It's good in cereal, straight up, or in a cocktail. Last New Year we were using it in a drink that was something like a Black or White Russian, take your pick. We used either Chocolate or Vanilla Almond milk in the cocktails. They were a big hit! The Chocolate Almond Milk with Vodka and Kahlua was amazing.

Cows milk might be the nastiest drink on the planet. Its all I can do to eat a meal while my wife and kids are drinking it.

I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk all the time. Mainly in my cheerios in the morning,but in oatmeal as well. Its pretty good when used in a fresh fruit smoothie also.

Well, I totally switched over to Almond Milk except for one evening. After some time to feel if there's any difference, I do know one difference...

I used to have somewhat bad morning breath every morning after drinking Cows Milk daily.

That bad morning breath is essentially gone now that I switched over to Almond Milk!!
banana2.gif

Anyone else notice this??

Originally Posted By: stro_cruiser
stro...

lol.gif

Thats a good idea!

I kind of figured that they were squeezed to get the oils out, which were then emulsified and homogenized, just like cows milk..

Update:

It's been about 2 Months drinking Almond Milk now.

Tried "1 sip" of Cow's Milk a month ago and almost couldn't stand it!
37.gif
Used to drink ~1 Gallon a week!

Anyway, no going back . It's Almond Milk all the way.

If you haven't tried it, give it a shot!
thumbsup2.gif

I prefer soy juice to almond juice for drinking. (It ain't milk.)

However, if I'm making ice cream, I find the almond juice has a better flavor there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back