Best synchromesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, my manual K1500 pickup requires synchromesh. I've heard from other enthusiasts that Royal Purple Synchromax is an excellent product but is it worth paying twice as much for compared to say regular Pennzoil Synchromesh or any other brand? Spending less money is much preferred unless Royal Purple is really going to make shifts genuinely more smooth. It's gonna be a night and day difference then I'll pay more for it.

What's your opinion?

Amsoil makes GREAT gear and transmission lubes. Check out their product. Pablo can get you a deal. I switched to amsoil manual trans fluid and it was much smoother shifts

Amsoil Synchromesh. I use it in my Cruze, and have only great things to say about it. Much better shifting cold and warm. Not to mention it makes emergency shifts very smooth, when grabbing a gear to accelerate is needed. Shoot Pablo a PM, he'll hook you up.

Alright thanks guys, looks like I'll be going the Amsoil route. It's cheaper than I thought it was at less than 13 bucks a quart. What's Pablo's deal, 10% off or something? I'm not buying this fluid immediately so I'd like to know ahead of time without bothering him.

MSRP 12.70 preferred customer pricing would be 9.80 a quart. If you are only buying 3 quarts...Shipping says about $8. So it may be cheaper to just buy it from the nearest dealer.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
MSRP 12.70 preferred customer pricing would be 9.80 a quart. If you are only buying 3 quarts...Shipping says about $8. So it may be cheaper to just buy it from the nearest dealer.
crazy2.gif

Yeah, I only need two quarts actually. You're right, might be better off just buying it in person. Thank you.
smile.gif

I have used Pennzoil (because of availability) and really like it.

I have not used Red Line or Amsoil, so a can't say it's better or not

What weight do you need? I've nothing but praise for Millers range of NT gear oils for syncro, sequential, dog boxes, with or without LSD..

Expensive but totally worth it

Originally Posted By: Olas
What weight do you need? I've nothing but praise for Millers range of NT gear oils for syncro, sequential, dog boxes, with or without LSD..

Expensive but totally worth it

Sadly, this excellent fluid is too thick for most latter model year, U.S. based/made; Borg Warner, Tremec, or New Venture gearboxes.

I AM hoping that Millers will see the market for a thinner 'MTL' type GL-4 fluid, and make one with their NT add pack.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back