Any Super Tech 15w40 users?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and any of you folks use the SUPER TECH 15W40? How would you say it compares to ROTELLA T 15W40? The VOA of the ST 15w40 looks kinda stout, maybe its just me. I know a friend that is a farmer that uses it in his John Deere's and one OLIVER high lift/tractor without issue.

Yeah Chris142 I see it has a lot of boron in it and looks stout. I think reading back on here, your PETERBUILT you had the ST oil in it and never a problem. Wasn't your PETEERBUILT a 62' or 63' if I read correctly?

allen

I use it in my Triumph Spitfire (OEM spec was 20w-50)

I've never read anything bad about it.

I'm not currently a user, but I think it's going to go in my old '91 Toyota 4Runner one of these days. I have 10w-40 Kendall in it now, and it seems to like a 40.

I have used ST 15w-40 and been pleased with it. Never seen a bad UOA from it. For any normal HDEO application, it will be as good as any other API cert'd product you could use.

I used it on my last change before going to 10w-30. It came out clear and clean after a 5k mile run. If I went back to 15w-40, I'd use it again no question. people get too hung up on the pretty labels and fancy names when really, it lubricates just as good as any other HDEO conventional. If it didn't, it wouldn't be on the shelf.

It's good stuff, particularly when changed at manufacturer's recommended change intervals.

Super Tech is made by Warren.

I believe Shell Rotella 15W-40 has a stronger additive package.

Is it worth a couple bucks more per gallon?

Only you can decide that.

I have used it a few times in my Cummins. Never had any issues with it.

Also, my family owns bulldozers, dump trucks, etc...(land clearing service), and they are starting to use it in some of the equipment. They have used Delo and Devlac for years, and I guess they are just wanting to try out something different.

Personally, I would run it any day of the week and not worry about a thing.

Just put ST 15w40 into my volvo so it'll get a work out. I will send in a VOA as soon as I can get to a post office, probably in a couple weeks.

By the way the PQIA test from last May was cj-4/sm rated. The oil I put in today was cj-4/sn rated. I'm interested to see what it looks like on the VOA.

The service writer at the truckstop was happy to give me a discount for bringing my own oil, but was absolutely disgusted with me when I told him I was trying the supertech.

By the way...anyone know how to decipher the date code on ST bottles? (it is stamped WPP on the bottom). Date code: w34459------13323-----22:32 ( without the dash marks in between)

Last edited:
Also worth noting is not only is ST 15w40 now API SN but also meets volvo, mack, detroit, cat and cummins latest standards. Maybe I'm just way behind, but until this past weekend I had not seen any bottles saying it met those manufacturer standards.

That was good enough for me to try it.

Originally Posted By: dustyroad

anyone know how to decipher the date code on ST bottles? (it is stamped WPP on the bottom). Date code: w34459------13323-----22:32

Looks to me like it was made in 2013, on the 323rd day of the year. That's how I would read it anyways. Or November 19, 2013.

That seems as good of a guess as any....i figured it was somewhat new because I hadn't seen the new labeling until recently.

Thanks for the reply bubbatime!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back