wiper refills for very large wiper

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a need for a very large rubber wiper refill. It's 36 inches long and the rubber looks to be about 1/2 inch wide. I cannot use the entire wiper assy, as the unit is permanently affixed. Just need the rubber refill.

I suspect that someone in the trucking world will know of such large wipers.

In the automotive market, I've never seen stuff above 28" (even that is pretty rare).

What's the specific application? I can ask my father for a good source -- he works in industrial windshield wipers, actually.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Cujet, tell me the application and I'll see if my father can provide any guidance.

Eurocopter, EC-135

American Eurocopter previously sold the refills. In a package of 6. They were inexpensive. They no longer sell the refills and you must purchase an entire wiper assy, dual arm and all. For the lowly sum of $5,500.

The blades last about 6 months.

You can't see it well in this pic, but the wiper covers a large portion of the windscreen.

heli_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, I found some other photos online of the windscreen and showed him. He'll try and find something equivalent.

Measure the length of the wiper arm from where it bolts on the pivot shaft to where the blade is attached. Also, get be the length of the blade.

My dad is fairly certain he knows what wiper that is and where to get a refill.

Measure the length of the wiper arm from where it bolts on the pivot shaft to where the blade is attached. Also, get be the length of the blade.

The wiper arm is a dual arm unit. I've never seen anything quite like it. It's obviously an aviation part designed to contour to the windscreen.

Originally Posted By: Cujet

The wiper arm is a dual arm unit. I've never seen anything quite like it. It's obviously an aviation part designed to contour to the windscreen.

If you can provide the measurements I mentioned, he should be able to tell you the specific refill you need. The design is NOT unique to that helicopter.

Buses, big trucks, RVs, etc, not that rare.

Good pics would really help.

I have a '91 Mercedes 500SL. It has just one wiper blade that goes across the whole windshield. It is about that long. I can measure it and take a picture when I get home from work if you'd like.

Originally Posted By: Nyati
I have a '91 Mercedes 500SL. It has just one wiper blade that goes across the whole windshield. It is about that long. I can measure it and take a picture when I get home from work if you'd like.

How is that relevant to the OP's original request?
confused.gif

He's asking for a rubber wiper insert- I offered to measure mine as I believe it's about the same size. Doesn't that relate to the OP request?

I'm fairly certain the wiper rubber is simply a truck part. Along with the non removable assy that carries the rubber.

However the wiper arm is absolutely unique to the EC-135 helicopter, as it's part of the "wire strike kit" and is very robust with an odd shape. It's designed to deflect a power line up over the windscreen and into the wire cutter above.

The entire unit is removable, but it is riveted together and is designed to be replaced as an assy.

I'm fairly certain the wiper rubber is simply a truck part. Along with the non removable assy that carries the rubber.

However the wiper arm is absolutely unique to the EC-135 helicopter, as it's part of the "wire strike kit" and is very robust with an odd shape. It's designed to deflect a power line up over the windscreen and into the wire cutter above.

The entire unit is removable, but it is riveted together and is designed to be replaced as an assy.

Were you able to get the measurements my father asked for?

Were you able to get the measurements my father asked for?

I'm so sorry, I've been working at the other airport this last month. I won't be back to the Helicopter for some time.

I'm so sorry, I've been working at the other airport this last month. I won't be back to the Helicopter for some time.

No worries. PM me the measurements once you have them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back