Staying logged in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without using the following words:

Opera
Chrome
Firefox
Safari

I am having an issue where when I visit this site, I am logged out. I log in and select the "keep me logged in". I continue and by the next click, I am logged out.

If I don't check the "keep me logged in", I stay logged in the rest of the session but obviously not the next time.

This happened to me a while ago but then fixed itself. I recently cleared my browser and that's when it started up again.

Any ideas?

Been happening to me too. Seems the site software got upgraded. Check the URL for this thread, it has the thread title in it now.

Glad it's not me. First noted it on IE at work, but thought it was because of patching and sw tweaks they push onto those computers. Then I noted it on my phone and ipad, so wasnt as sure.

Seems there is something up.

I use Firefox for my forum browsing (I use Safari on my Mac for my business needs (have too many bookmarks, etc, to fit into one browser)) and have no issues being logged in, even after closing the browser and restarting the Mac.

Safari on my iPhone 5S also stays logged in always.

No problems here.

Ditto, Opera here. I haven't been keeping track but it seems like every other day or so I have to re-log in. I don't get logged out every time, most of the time it seems to stick.

We changed the cookie expiration time to one week, which means you'll have to log back in after that time period.

Are the problems with staying logged in happening more frequently than one week?

Wayne

Our web developer says it can be a problem, if you don't clean your browser cache.

I use CCleaner (free version) and have zero problems with any of several different browsers I use.

Wayne

This happens to me, and it seems to happen after I log in to the site from a *different* machine. For instance, I can log in to the site from Machine A multiple times a day, and it works fine; it automatically logs me in.

Then I load the site from Machine B and I have to manually log in. But then I can use the site multiple times from Machine B.

Then I load the site from Machine A again, and I have to manually log in.

It's like a log-in event from a different machine changes the cookie or something on the server, so cookies stored on a different machine no longer work properly.

Does that make any sense?

Is there a limit on how many cookies you can have?

Seems when I move from laptop to desktop to phone to tablet, I'm logging in.

I know, it could be my problem. Too many devices to reach BITOG
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: javacontour

You mean that when you switch devices, you have to manually log in?

If so, that's the exact issue I have.

Yep.

I'm pretty sure I've logged in more than once from this very laptop this week.

But, I do reserve the right to be wrong. With so many devices, it's possible that I'm only logging in each once in a 7 day period.

But it's also possible that we have a limited number of sessions that remain open. Which is my question. Is there a limit on the number of concurrent active sessions?

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: javacontour

You mean that when you switch devices, you have to manually log in?

If so, that's the exact issue I have.

Wayne,

If I visit multiple times a day, I have keep getting logged out & have to log in "every" time.

Please resolve.
smile.gif

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back