What brand of oil filter do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use OEM toyota.

I bought 12 of them and I'm not too impressed with them after cutting one open. I have the pleated paper Toyota filters.

So which one do you use?

Napa Gold 1344 : 1999 Honda Civic
K&N 1004 : 1993 Acura Integra

Cheapest available : 1980 Ford Half-ton
grin.gif

Napa Gold : 1990 Nissan Hardbody

Napa Gold and Motocraft FL-1A oversize : 1993 Plymouth Acclaim

Anything but Fram and new Champion clones W/clicker bypass (don't like it).

On Mom's 94 Mercury 4.6L V-8: Motorcraft FL-820S or the Wix equivalent.

On my 97 Neon: I've used Wix 51085, AC-Delco PF-13, KMart Penske PK-16, Purolator L14670 & Pure One PL14670. All these are oversize for my car. Ex: AC-Delco PF-53 rec'd(Teacup size): AC PF-13 used(short, but full diameter). Now have an AC-Delco Ultraguard UPF-53 on the Neon. I'm really not all that fussy about filters, as long as they're ABF(Anything But Fram
wink.gif
).

quote:

Originally posted by speedy341:
I use OEM toyota.
I bought 12 of them and I'm not too impressed with them after cutting one open. I have the pleated paper Toyota filters.
So which one do you use?

For my normal vehicles I use anything BUT Fram, whatever is most easily available.

On my race car I use Amsoil filters.

If I could find a PF 1177, I would use it on my truck because it has half again as much media as anything else I have cut open. I am using ST 3590's because they are cheaper and have almost as much media as STP, Purolator, Hastings, and twice as much as Fram.

Having bought them in AC, Fram, and Hastings boxes, I have mostly used Purflux 264A's in the canister filter in my Cavalier. Also one each of STP, Purolator, and now WIX. Still outraged over paying $5 to $8 for a filter with no metal at all in it, and still looking for a better deal. Fram is now selling their own, and I have to go out of town to find the $5 Purolator in stock.

mrhonda...

All of my 1344's have the ORANGE adbv; I think the filters with the black one are old stock...

What do you run for oil...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back