What goes on in a trailer hitch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2" trailer hitch, and some really gnarly cobwebs around it...they stretch and break, rather than get brushed through, so chances are that it is the Oz version of the Black Widow.

It's hot and humid, and bugs are around, so I sent one in for a recce, and monitored.

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

Got a couple of pretty rubbish videos of her wrapping the Christmas beetle for later...will mess with them and see if they work after.

Too close to where the children play, do carried out a retrieval mission...bear in mind it WAS a 2" box section hitch.

IMG_0663.jpg

I went out back and stayed on a station in New South Wales. Both the farmer and his wife told me to consider everything reptile or insect as poisonous. We fixed fence mostly. Never saw a thing. I was disappointed. It was dry season and the lake or swamp that he farmed was evaporated. I guess the critters were hibernating.

One of my disappointments in life was losing their address. I lost it twice. First getting separated from my gear. Then I found out she wrote my folks and they corresponded. However, my mom misplaced the letters. Life moved fast for those few years. When time came for introspection, I realized the R&R in Oz stood out. I wanted so much to thank them again for the solace and respite.

So I took it upon myself to buy drinks for random Aussies I encountered in my career. That is why I am a poor man living in the Ozarks.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
And here I am in Indiana like "hey we have bumble bees."

lol.gif
same here. Those pictures make me glad I live in CT, even if it is 17 degrees out.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
And here I am in Indiana like "hey we have bumble bees."

lol.gif
same here. Those pictures make me glad I live in CT, even if it is 17 degrees out.

Another reason why a long cold winter is good!

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Wow that's something I never really gave much thought.

You would if you lived in the bug belt and oh, I don't know, hypothetically lets say you had put your shoe on to go to school as a 4th grader and, um, 'discovered' that a scorpion had bedded down in there. :p

I used cheap degreaser down the hole...sans flame...kills redbacks quicker than pesticides.

Cheap hair spray and bic lighter combine for a flame throwing, bug scorching killing machine.

Wandering down the street, this hole took my eye when there was something moving in it.

It's the hole that the crossing supervisor puts the flag in (or kids put their fingers in)

IMG_20151219_150227.jpg

agro little bugger came charging out the hole a couple times while I was trying to photograph him.

I was in Rhyolite, NV, doing touristy stuff and wanted to lean on the ground to get better camera angles. It was utterly perforated with rattlesnake holes. Sure, some may have been 80 years old and I never heard any rattles.

I like having a winter to wipe stuff out.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back