Almond Milk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just tried Almond Milk for the 1st time. It was Friendly Farms Vanilla brand from Aldi.

Oh My Gosh - This this soooooo good.
20.gif

Who all has tried it and what do you think about it??

I can't drink milk and I think it is the most neutral tasting milk substitute that I have found. I also like coconut milk in the cartons, but I find they add too much of their own flavor when used for cooking or drinks.

Been making our own for 20+ years. It's so easy, why you would buy it I don't know. Plus, I know for sure what kind of almonds I'm using and that I didn't "clean" them with chemicals.

I buy it sometimes. It costs the same as the ultra-pasteurized organic milk; I can't drink it by itself, but it works just fine for cereal and such.

Thought it might be good, Bought it tried it, no one else drank it. seemed like flavored water to me? Cats finished it lol Guess Ill keep getting my milk from the cows & not the nuts.

I also LOVE almond milk. I usually buy the sweetened kind but today I bought a carton of vanilla flavored.

I gave up drinking cow's milk years ago and I was amazed at the difference it made in my overall healthy feeling.

Almond Breeze makes and unsweetened blend of Almond and Coconut that is DEAD ON for replacing milk, and I'm picky.

Almond original? too sweet
Unsweetened vanilla? weird
Unsweetened original? close but too thick

The good stuff is just like 2%

Aldi's price is $2.49 for 1/2 gallon.

How much do you guys pay??

You do not need milk. People are the only mammals to drink milk after being weaned. Its a push by the American Dairy Assoc. There are plenty of ways to get calcium. Nothing wrong with it, just you do not need it as an adult or even child, only a baby.

Originally Posted By: sasilverbullet
Been making our own for 20+ years. It's so easy, why you would buy it I don't know. Plus, I know for sure what kind of almonds I'm using and that I didn't "clean" them with chemicals.

Recipe? I'm sure it's easy.

I like almond milk.

I agree. I can't drink cow's milk. It stinks to me. My favorite milk is almond milk. Let's say somehow, it's the milk I've learned to crave and the unsweetened, non-vanilla tastes neutral to me. If I taste cow milk next to almond milk, it's very interesting. The cow milk smells of cow poo and tastes like cow urine smells. The almond milk has a bit of a toasted almond aroma (very light) and tastes of almonds and toasted almond oil.

Chocolate almond milk is deadly good. Don't ever start drinking it.

My wife makes her own too. Can't speak sas but she soaks her own almonds then adds black strap molasses, water and blends. The next batch she'll try blanching them and popping the skins off...

What is the Shelf Life of Almond Milk compared to Cows Milk ? ? ?

I worked on a Dairy farm once.
Short length of time, I not cut out for it.
Now, when ever I smell diesel fumes, it brings back those memories.

Edit: GO FARMERS

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Turk
Aldi's price is $2.49 for 1/2 gallon.

How much do you guys pay??

That's about what we pay. Every once in a while they'll have it on sale for $1.99 for 1/2 gallon, but that isn't very often.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

I agree. I can't drink cow's milk. It stinks to me.

Cow's Milk has a "wormy" smell to it here. Really don't like it, but drank it/used it in cereal anyway. ......ALL my life!!

I can hardly put this stuff down!!

This is double the price of Cow's Milk. Dang, my retirement expenses just went up.
33.gif
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back