Magnefine filter - Transmission vs Power Steering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently purchased the "transmisson" version of this filter with the intent of installing it in a power steering application. I then learned there may be 2 different filters: a transmission version and a power steering version.

Not wanting to cause any problems for myself, I wrote to the vendor (I believe he is also a sponsor of this site) and below is his repsonse:

"The filters are the same. The bypass pressure was adjusted a few years back for a Ford application but the adjustment was done across the board. You would see no difference."

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Its just a simple hydraulic filter and the bypass does not do anything unless the paper filter gets restricted on a cold morning or clogs up. If you have gone to the effort to install this filter, certainly your system is not neglected to worry about passing trash back into the reservoir.

I have one of these on the shelf and went with a spin on for my tranny to get a smaller micron filter to clean up the system and it worked better than anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back