Toyo A23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of us aren't fond of OE tires for one reason or another, and to be honest when I saw that these Toyo A23s go for $265 a pop I tried really hard to find something I didn't like. Now that I've been able to drive them in the hot summer temps, heavy rains, and now snow covered roads I feel like I can firmly give these tires my seal of approval. They've truly been a great tire in the nearly 9k miles I've put on them. Low road noise, stick while aggressively taking corners or entering a highway, and most importantly of all they've been great in the snow. I've yet to struggle at any time to either accelerate, stop, or move around in any snow. Whether I'm on the road which a slushly mess or in an unpaved parking lot and/or driveway, I constantly have good traction on the road. I think I might just have to suck up the price tag and stick with these when it comes down to buying time.

Since they are the only tires you have tried how do you know it was the tires that behave well and not the chassis?

Originally Posted By: silverrat
Since they are the only tires you have tried how do you know it was the tires that behave well and not the chassis?

I don't. However, I do know that when you've got great driving feel in all conditions I'm not going to buy a tire that's $100 cheaper merely to try and save some money when it could possibly adversely affect the driving dynamics.

Wow, what kind of a car takes a $265 tire? Scary high cost. Thats as expensive as the tires for my BMW, maybe more expensive.

We had the Toyo A05 as OE on our previa, and they were great tires, lasted a very long time too.

Nothing better than good tires, it can be a HUGE upgrade.

Ask Overkill about his Michelin Pilot Super Sports! One outrageously expensive tire but hugely capable on a higher performing chassis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back