How to scan multiple pages to send in one email?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an inexpensive HP Deskjet 3522 printer that only can scan one page at a time.
But I want to be able to scan a few pages so that I can email as one document.
I've been told there is a way to do this on my computer but I just can't figure it out.

If some one can explain how to do it, in terms that a computer dummy like myself can understand I'd appreciate it?

How does it scan, to pdf? png?

If you could get some pngs you could start a document with open office then "insert images" of the scans, one per page, then "print" to pdf.

What format are they being saved as? JPEG? If so, open up a Word document and paste each one in the same Word document. You can use the "Insert"... "Picture from file" function in Word.

EDIT: Jeff beat me by a minute.
smile.gif

I'm not sure how the HP printer/scanners work, but our Canon printer/scanner can scan in as PDF, you just put in one page, click scan, then put the next page in, click "Continue" or something and it will make a multi-page PDF.

Might be worth checking in the manual if it can scan in as a PDF.

CATERHAM, does it use HP's own scanning software? If so, after you scan the first page, it should give you the option about scanning more pages. I can't remember the exact wording, but the behaviour is that if you don't want to scan more pages, it'll save the .pdf and open the directory where the file now is.

If you choose the other option, it will append to the same document. My HP printer at the office can automatically feed documents, but as everyone knows, not everything will feed, so I deal with this on a regular basis, and I don't like having multiple files for what should be one scan, either.

Give it a try and let me know how it turns out, same for you PurpleT. If it doesn't work, let me know, and when I head into the office, I'll do some checking and get some clear instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back