Better oil than OEM G052171A2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys. New to this forum.

Im from Denmark (so its not really really Cold, neither is it very warm)
We go between -10 celsius and +30 celsius (but most of the time its between 0 and 20)
Im having problem with my 02Q gearbox (seat leon fr 2.0 tsi 2010) that it can be a little notchy for the very first time i shift into second. Im rolling of the block in first and i get a Little slightly notchy gearchange into second gear. Gearbox is new from a couple of months back. Problem first started when we dropped to +5 celsius.

Im looking for an replacement oil which can give me the same level of protection but a Little better Cold shifting (it shifts really fine after 2-3 mins of drving)

I have looked at Castrol V FE 75-80 gearoil as i always have thought castrol was THE OIL
But after reading through this forum and discovering a Whole lot of new Things (WHO would have thought that the viscosity rating on the front of the bottle is just to state its in a certain range, but not the actualy vicosity?)
Im starting to having doubts about anything. Im from the EU so it would be nice if it was a oil that would be a Little easy to get.

I hope you can help
If anyone know what the VI index of G052171A2 is compared to others it would be great also
smile.gif

Henrik
(sorry for my bad English, typing control is a [censored] all of sudden) :S

Last edited:
Hej henrik.

Har hørt at motul sku have en gearolie der er god til VAG kasser. Kan de svære ikke huske hvilken. Men kan du måske finde på nettet.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Welcome aboard. Are the ladies pretty over there?

More than happy with the girlfriend
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: shDK
Hej henrik.

Har hørt at motul sku have en gearolie der er god til VAG kasser. Kan de svære ikke huske hvilken. Men kan du måske finde på nettet.

Hej. Skriver lige i engelsk for alle andre der kommer til at søge på denne tråd fremover
smile.gif

I have been looking through the motul product sheet, but i can "only" find the motul 300 75w90 gearoil which is alot thicker both Cold and warm than what i have now, and alot of statements that it is a really notchy oil Cold.

I'm betting it will get better as it breaks in. Let it warm up a little longer in neutral with clutch out. Just keep the 1-2 shift slow until synchros get more wear. Lower RPM shift may help too. My old 80's Hondas were always the same way - they got much better with age.

I would use G070726A2; it's what I run in my Golf and is much better than the G052 it replaced. Be sure your shifter linkage is aligned properly as well, that can make a good gearbox shift very badly.

Much colder in Chicago than in Denmark, too!

I have always found VAG gearboxes to be a little notchy. Particularly when cold.

I used to just blip the throttle a little till the gearbox warmed up a little.

You can gets some very good quality gearbox oil from Opieoils.

I am certain they stock a wide range or Amsoil and Redline products and as far as i know they are happy to ship to Mainland Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back