Any one using these brakes and rotors from ebay??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mez

Was thinking of buying these for my 2006 Ridgeline with 70K miles from Ebay. What do you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-Callahan-Drilled-Slotted-SPORT-Brake-Rotors-Quiet-Ceramic-Pads-/280821316437?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Ridgeline&hash=item4162413b55&vxp=mtr#ht_4579wt_1276

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-KIT-4-PERFORMANCE-DRILLED-SLOTTED-BRAKE-ROTORS-AND-8-CERAMIC-PADS-/290674262003?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model:Ridgeline&hash=item43ad893ff3&vxp=mtr#ht_6325wt_1276

John

That name is hilarious.

CallahanGuys500.3.jpg

Originally Posted By: dparm
That name is hilarious.

CallahanGuys500.3.jpg

Had to work today, and being Irish I had to find something green. Dug out my Callahan Auto Parts shirt, no comments yet
frown.gif

I have the brakemotive set on two vehicles, they are excellent with no noise and good stopping power.

I'd stick with a good set of standard rotors and a set of reputable brand-name pads. I've read too many stories about the drilled-slotted "bling" rotors warping or cracking.

As for rotors, unless you are buying name brand rotors that came with the holes cast I wouldnt bother. A lot of people that open track and actually would see benefits from "cross drilled rotors" tend to run "solid" rotors i.e. no drills or slots. The drilled ones are more prone to cracking and exploding at the wrong time, seen it happen first hand.

I have purchased eBay rotors and pads with great success. I've never bothered with "drilled and slotted" stuff though.

Joel

You're considering buying brakes and rotors from an eBay seller that stole his company's name and logo from a comedy movie? I love it!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
You're considering buying brakes and rotors from an eBay seller that stole his company's name and logo from a comedy movie? I love it!

The experts at Callahan are car enthusiasts with over 20 years of brake parts experience. Callahan only sells premium brake parts including quiet, low dust ceramic pads, blank OE replacement rotors, precision machined drilled rotors, slotted rotors, hub assemblies, brake calipers, and combination Drilled Slotted rotors. We stock over 10,000 brake parts in our warehouse and over one million dollars of inventory. Over the past two decades, Callahan has earned a reputation for quality and fast delivery with thousands of satisfied customers.

I know a dude that bought the front and back rotor and pad combo and the rotors were slotted and had holes and they came with Ceramic brake pads and he paid like 170$ for front and back and they look awesome and he loves em.

I drove with him and we both have Honda Accord and I was very impressed..... and its been nearly 8 months and they are doing good.

And they are a real company that sells calipars and rotors and regular rotors and slotted and drilled rotors and sell others stuff.

They also have FREE SHIPPING
smile.gif

Read the pic how they use ZINC and SILVER..... Its not bad for the $
The company has been aroun 20 Years.

I think they just used the company in the Movie Tommy Boy and probably paid the Company to film there...

You can find out all about them here

We are a family owned and operated business that has been servicing cars in Woburn, MA since 1976. We serve with integrity and will take complete care of your automotive needs. In the automotive industry it’s hard to find an auto repair shop you can trust but as you can tell by our reviews, we have a reputation for top quality service and honest dealings with our customers.

http://www.callahansautoservice.com/

We are a full service automotive repair facility. We have the latest equipment on hand to service your vehicle. Our computer technology can communicate and diagnose check engine light trouble codes. We have the all the manufacturers’ maintenance schedules, technical service bulletins, and recalls. We have the specialized equipment needed to perform transmission flush, coolant flush, air conditioning service, two and four wheel alignments, leak detector machine, wheel balancing, charging system testing. We offer many services including general repairs and preventive maintenance services. Our service lift can handle 12,000 lbs. allowing us to service larger pick-up trucks and vans.
Please visit our website for more information: www.callahansautoservice.com or call us at 781-933-3303

2q3mypy.jpg

i5uli0.jpg

168fxj9.jpg

2h3alo4.jpg

For the price they sell, I tell you what If I ever need new rotors and pads, I wont hesitate to put them on my car.

For the price you cant go wrong to at least try them and I have drove a car with them and they felt great.

Look at the calipars.. plus the ROTORS are

These are for Rear Hondas I think... but they 100% have them for Honda and FORD and GM and BMW and TRUCKS and KIA, You name it they have it..

2h7fkur.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
As for rotors, unless you are buying name brand rotors that came with the holes cast I wouldnt bother. A lot of people that open track and actually would see benefits from "cross drilled rotors" tend to run "solid" rotors i.e. no drills or slots. The drilled ones are more prone to cracking and exploding at the wrong time, seen it happen first hand.

So have I but only at the track. I have yet to see a street driven car crack a rotor at the drilled holes, they do stress crack around them a lot in the cheapo brands.

That said, removing mass from a heat sink is never a good idea unless you have a LOT of excess braking capacity. Very few cars qualify.

I recommend Dave Zeckhausen at Zeckhausen Racing. He is a great guy and will talk to you personally. Top quality Stoptech products, too, among many others.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

So have I but only at the track. I have yet to see a street driven car crack a rotor at the drilled holes, they do stress crack around them a lot in the cheapo brands.

That said, removing mass from a heat sink is never a good idea unless you have a LOT of excess braking capacity. Very few cars qualify.

I recommend Dave Zeckhausen at Zeckhausen Racing. He is a great guy and will talk to you personally. Top quality Stoptech products, too, among many others.

You were being trolled on a year and a half old thread. I have bought from Zeckhausen before, including the fixed caliper tool, and have been completely satisfied.

You were being trolled on a year and a half old thread. I have bought from Zeckhausen before, including the fixed caliper tool, and have been completely satisfied.

Yeah, that guy's post is really just an ad, eh? In our forum we would have deleted that post quickly!

Last edited:

Yeah, that guy's post is really just an ad, eh? In our forum we would have deleted that post quickly!

Whose "our" forum? Just curious. If you're on it, it's likely good.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen

SVTPerformance is like that. People get banned for bringing threads more than 6 months old back from the dead.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen

Jim,

I am a moderator at 300CForums.com.

Come on by sometime....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back