2004 Mercedes S600, V12 TT. Mobil-1 5w40.. 5,200mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
V12 Bi-Turbo... Sees a wide range of driving conditions. This fill was run right after I picked up the car. From December 2011 to June 2012.
I changed the lube oil and filter again but have misplaced the sample..... I post again when I find it.

[img:center][/img]

Last edited:
When I picked this car up it had been sitting for a while so I thought the UOA would be worse than what it is. I misplaced my last UOA in a move and hope to find it and I'm also due to change out the current Redline 0w40. I hope the Iron tapers off.....greatly.....

Originally Posted By: Garak
What is M1 5w-40? TDT? Delvac 1 ESP? Formula M?

I would assume Formula M. :)

BTW, how big is the oil pan on that thing? 9-10L?

That sounds like a fun bill to pay.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Not so much.... That's now a DIY job. I have 10 each of M1 0w40, and Redline 0w40 on hand plus 2 new filters. And the Redline fill in now is ready to come out soon
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: 1maniac
wink.gif

Not so much.... That's now a DIY job. I have 10 each of M1 0w40, and Redline 0w40 on hand plus 2 new filters. And the Redline fill in now is ready to come out soon
grin.gif

Mobil 1 0w-40 is richer in additives than that Formula M 5w-40. You'll have to see if that changes any result, don't think so as yours is fine and the Formula M is approved obviously thus the name. ha.

Very cool car!!! Thanks for sharing the UOA! Honestly, I think this report looked very good!! Some engines put off those tiny amounts of iron.

Last edited:
Here's a link to mine from a few months ago:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/2982174/M1_0W40__8,946_mi_Mercedes_V-1#Post2982174

Bought the M1 0w40 for next change at WM for about $23/gallon jug. The Mercedes filter isn't too expensive, about $10 at the dealer.

Last edited:
Nice UOA!!
I am hoping to find my lost sample.
I average about 10-12k a year and that'ts usually when the service light comes on. SO i get about 10k or one year on a change.
She's been consuming the redline 0w40 however. Didn't use a drop of the M1..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back