Post your latest oil change

Originally Posted By: Eddie
Curious as to why anyone would want this information since it is useless data, and just takes up server space? Ed

Because this is an OIL website, I for one enjoy reading about which OIL people are using. I wouldn't worry about the server space, I'm sure it's just fine
thumbsup2.gif

12/12/13; 43,243 mi.
Out: PYB dealer bulk 10W-30 & QSGB 5W-20, Pure 1
In: 3 qts. NAPA 5W-30 Syn., 2 qts. NAPA 0W-20 Syn., .5 qt. Valvoline Next Gen Max Life 5W-30 & Pure 1 filter.
Also new AGM battery from Batteries+

2012 Infinit M37 Sport

out: Edge w/ti 5W-30/OEM after 5k miles
in: VWB 5W-30/OEM

3700 mile oci

13 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T

out: 135 mile old VWB 5w30 (put into the M37 Sport)
in: PYB 5w30

out: PClassic L14459
in: PClassic L14459

Originally Posted By: wemay
13 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T

out: 135 mile old VWB 5w30 (put into the M37 Sport)
in: PYB 5w30

out: PClassic L14459
in: PClassic L14459

I must ask wemay, why do you keep changing the oil in your Santa Fe?

09 Impala Mobil-1 FS 10w-30, AC Delco OEM filter
00 Explorer Mobil High Mileage 5w-30, K&N filter
98 XJ Castrol GTX 10w-30, K&N filter
92 Z71 Valvoline Maxlife 10w-30, K&N filter

Originally Posted By: panthermike

Hi Panthermike,

This D.I. engine has me OCD Paranoid. This weekend i finally decided to calibrate both cars and just run Castrol Synblend in both. Adjust my oci to very conservative and call it a day. Fuel dilution, shearing, deposits etc. have me like this. After reviewing many UOA's on d.i.engines, i feel that a shorter oci with quality oil is worth more than a longer oci with a full syn (i know, debatable but my feeling none the less). Of coarse, both are important, just assigning priority. I have 4-jugs of oil with less than 1000k miles on them and have been giving them to friends and family comming up on oil changes. I need to stick with it this time, i know.

2009 Pontiac Torrent GXP 3.6L HF V6

55,346 miles on vehicle

8959 Mile OCI; OLM 3%

out: M1 Mix and M1 filter
in: 5 qts Fram 5/30 Synthetic; Supertech ST10060 filter

1) 2006 Ford Fusion 4 cyl: QSUD 5W20 and a Purolator Premium filter.

2) 2009 Ford Fusion 6 cyl: QSUD 5W20 and a Purolator Premium filter.

1998 Buick Century 90,000 miles 4,000 miles on oil 4 qts farm and fleet 5w30 and napa filter

20000 Chevy K2500 149,000 miles supertech hm 5330 a/c delco filter

2003 GMC Yukon denali 85,000 miles PP5w30 and K&N filter

Hi Panthermike,

This D.I. engine has me OCD Paranoid. This weekend i finally decided to calibrate both cars and just run Castrol Synblend in both. Adjust my oci to very conservative and call it a day. Fuel dilution, shearing, deposits etc. have me like this. After reviewing many UOA's on d.i.engines, i feel that a shorter oci with quality oil is worth more than a longer oci with a full syn (i know, debatable but my feeling none the less). Of coarse, both are important, just assigning priority. I have 4-jugs of oil with less than 1000k miles on them and have been giving them to friends and family comming up on oil changes. I need to stick with it this time, i know.

I can understand that, I was having a hard time when we had the Optima.

panthermike said:

Hi Panthermike,

We run Gulfpride 5w30 semi-synthetic in all our customers' cars, turbo/DI included. Following the 3750 mile severe service guidelines, we have never had any issues. We are a Hyundai dealer, and I can say with absolute confidence that any API rated 5w30 will do the job for 3-5k depending on climate and driving conditions.

Back