Cushman truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was high bidder on this cushman truck. I pulled it into my shop and will start working on it. I know the battery is dead. I also need to drain the fuel system and put new gas in it.

It should be a cool project.

4_cushman_1_1.jpg

4_cushman_3_1.jpg

4_cushman_4_1.jpg

4_cushman_5_1.jpg

4_cushman_6_1.jpg

4_cushman_2_1.jpg

Loved by zoo employees and meter maids everywhere. Looking at your photos, it appears you have a starter/generator. I've worked on a few of them and sometimes getting the brushes for them can be interesting.

Last edited:
Very cool! An ancient chemical plant near my work still uses a few of them.

I believe single cyl Magnums are pretty close to the previous gen Kohler K-series. Must be a late 1980's model Cushman?

Last edited:
Some states will register that as a "low speed vehicle." Mine will, and also will for Kei trucks.

Bummer you have four tires, though, as the "trike" models are easier to register... as motorcycles!

Are those tires DOT? They look like golf cart ones.

Many cities use them as meter maid trucks and here in ca they are considered a motorcycle. My boss' will do about 30 but hang on! Much better used at slow speeds ticketing parking violators

Originally Posted By: Chris142
My boss won one similar at a city auction. His runs and he got it for $400!

I bid 291.00 and got it. The engine looks fairly new.

Originally Posted By: JTK

I believe single cyl Magnums are pretty close to the previous gen Kohler K-series. Must be a late 1980's model Cushman?

I have a serial number on the bill of sale and the manuals but I have not found the serial badge yet. I hope to be able to age the unit once I can verify via the badge. The engine looks to be added recently.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
interesting, can you register them for a license plate? Drive them on the street? Will they do 55mph?

I will check into that. But I would probably only use the cart on dirt. I'm not sure on the speed yet.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
A little unique and very interesting! Planning any mods?
Very cool that u got manuals!

I'm not sure yet. I can always use it on my acreage. I was thinking of setting it up as a "sporting clay's" cart. It would probably not fit in with all of the "rangers" and "razors" that dominate the range though.

I was able to clean out the fuel tank, blow the lines and cleaned the carb, installed battery and new plug this evening. I got it running. I have run into some more issues. I hope to work on fixing the problems as they come up until I have the cushman in top running order.

A few more photos.

4_cushman_7_1.jpg

4_cushman_8_1.jpg

4_cushman_9_1.jpg

4_cushman_10_1.jpg

Originally Posted By: spasm3
interesting, can you register them for a license plate? Drive them on the street? Will they do 55mph?

They run real good with an old VW engine in them!!! I had a 3 wheeled version when I was a kid, it would do nice wheelies...

We had several different models that were used on the Marine base, but not that model. We had a couple 3 wheeled police models with the higher geared rear end, 3 speed transmission and a horizontally opposed OMC twin. Those were capable of 55mph but just barely.

I had the three wheel version and had to tag it as a motorcycle for street use. 40 MPH was top end. I do miss it. You will like having it around the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back