Costco.ca wheel experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not everyone has had a positive experience with Costco, but I'll share mine so far. This is with the online store and call centre. Nothing related to this set has seen a brick and mortar store yet, though on a different set this year, I did buy and have installed a set of X-Ice Xi3s. A miscommunication in store meant we paid to hold the set, then return that evening for an install. They guy who did that for us did something out of normal procedure (we should have taken the paid for tires with us, and he shouldn't have promised they could install that sme night). When I returned, once the confusion was sorted out, they got my van in and the tires on.

I have a deposit, subject to employment, on a new vehicle I will need to use for work. The car is sitting in the lot, ready to deliver to me once I show up with the cheque. Costco also had their Michelin sale ending Dec 8, and because of their return policy, I can return for full refund my unused, uncounted tires and wheels bought from them.

Ordered another set of X-Ice Xi3s. Those have just arrived at the local store.

Wheels were to be delivered by UPS to my house. Well, 4 out of 5 boxes came yesterday (4 wheels plus 1 hardware box). One wheel never arrived, and one wheel was damaged. A call to UPS this morning, and they suggested filing a damage claim, and having Costco initiate a trace.

I called Costco and they initiated a trace. I also mentioned the damaged wheel and the fact that I want to be able to install the set should I get the car sooner rather than later. They are shipping a replacement wheel, a prepaid label to return the damage wheel, and said, if I need to do the install before the new wheel gets here, to go ahead and do it, them when the new wheel arrives, they will remount at their expense.

So far, I am happy with their service.

Their "C Wheels" on Costco.ca look nice, btw. Made in China, but appear to be good quality. They have contracted with Robert Thibert Inc. who sell the same wheels, plus a whole bunch more branded as RTX Wheels, and sold through several tire dealers.

I have been hearing lots of bad things about Costco tire service. So much so that I don't think I will buy from them. Maybe others who have positive experiences can share as well.

I've heard a lot of bad things of them too, but have never experienced it. Walmart and Canadian Tire on the otherhand, I have experienced bad service.

I bought a set of steel wheels for the Mazda 3 last winter - most expensive option at $59 per iirc. Arrived in 3 days and were stamped with the Mazda logo.
Top Notch experience with Costco here. They will bend over backwards for product defect returns - they just charge the manufacturer back so no issues on the Costco side. Simply a deduction off invoice that they pay the manufacturer.

I have experienced nothing but excellent tire service from BJ's, a competitor of Costco and Sam's Club. Wheels are put on, torqued a bit with an air gun and then hand torqued with a real torque wrench. While mounting tires, care is always taken with aluminum rims. After four sets of tires over ten years, nary a complaint.

Been buying Costco tires for fifteen years, averaging a set a year for family vehicles. Never, not once, have I had anything but a positive experience, including service, free rotations, warranty work, and repairs. Plus I save lots of money.

In Kansas City nothing but terrible service and rude employees, hope that is not true anywhere, I just buy from Tirerack its easier

I'm glad you are happy with them.. Always nice to hear a good story.

I would buy tires from Costco, (I shop there for other things often and like it) except they are all ultra expensive tires and better deals are had just about everywhere else, in my findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back