Is Walmart Supertech Motor Oil any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using Wal-Mart Syn in my '85 Vette. This Vette doesn't call for Syn like the newer Vettes, so I'm thinking that this Wal-Mart Syn is better than dino. So far no problems. My own OCI for this car is a max of 2K (oh boy, here we go)

Well if you have a standard paper element filter and only put 2,000 mi every 6 months on it thats about right. I used to put about the same on my own Vette with M1 Synthetic. Of course some of those 1,500-2,000 mi OCI included Drag, Auto-X, and Hot Laps at Road Atlanta.

I run across this forum and wanted to add my experience with Wal-Mart oil... Never had any issues with it or it did not work any differently from any other off the shelf oil. I did UOA on 10w40, 5w30 and 15w40, all have a good additive package. I also use the ATF (Dex-III/Mercon) in the gallon jug, its super cheap and performs well for the older spec. If you do responsible oil changes, its no different than a premium oil.

A 7 year old thread back to life, shades of the Walking Dead. Yeah, SuperTech is fine for any non hi-performance application. This has been discussed many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back