Mazda 0w-20 W/ Moly & Idemitsu 0w-20 SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to change the oil on our new 2014 CX-5. The Mazda 0w-20 W Moly (PN/0000-G5-0W20-MQ) is ridiculously expensive at my local dealership ($11.00/qt!). I tried to order them online via other Mazda dealerships but my orders were all cancelled since the dealers claim don't ship motor oil because shipping cost eats into their profit margin.

I know Idemitsu makes the Mazda 0w-20 oil. Anyone know where I can order the Idemitsu equivalent? A part number would help. Thanks!

-ttvr4

Last edited:
Idemitsu 0w20 is not exactly the same as Mazda 0w20.
You can buy it here: http://www.autohausaz.com

I would use Mobil 1 0w20 or TGMO (Toyota's) which is more reasonably priced.
Any 0w20 full synthetic will work well in your Mazda.

Toyota 0w20 up here in Canada is 6.65$ per quart.. so my bet is you would be able to get it there for less or same price.. I agree with pbm, why bother if they want 11$ a quart.. I dont think any oil is worth that premium unless its somehow vastly superior (which it is not) Are there gold flakes in that oil??!!! LOL

It's $7.99 a quart on amazon or you can buy a dozen for $99. Pretty sure amazon has free shipping on some of those sales. Quite honestly I would seek it out, surely (insert Airplane movie reference here) not all the Mazda dealers around you are spouting the same [censored] about shipping costs? Rosenthal Arlington Mazda has the oil at $6.81 a quart, your cheapest shipping cost is with UPS for $21.
If the cost is still to much then you can't go wrong with TGMO. If you can find that at a Lexus or Toyota dealer for a good price, GET IT!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back