2008 Accord I4 low idle/vibration help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I fixed my low rev/ vibration issue but obviously not. 2008 Honda Accord 2.4L I4 86kmiles

Scenario:
When the car is warm from driving I get an RPM of about 550-600 which also gives me some not so nice vibrations. This only happens then the car has been completely stopped for at least 2 seconds, Such as stopping at a light. It only happens in gear, D or R, with the brake on, either foot or handbrake it doesn't matter.
I took it to the dealer to have them check the engine and trans mounts. They come back 1 hr later and they say they all look good and they didn't feel any vibes...???

I looked in the service manual for the process to check the front vacuum controlled engine mount. The vacuum from the solenoid is between 20-22 inhg. It also changes to 0 with revs. Solenoid seems to be working fine. The mount holds vacuum well with no drop in vacuum after a few mins.

So according to the service manual when the vacuum line going to the mount is removed from the solenoid (or vacuum is released using my mityvac) the engine should change in idle smoothness. If the vacuum is at 20 when Idle the mount is working and should be smooth. when engine is revved the vacuum is released and the mount functions without vacuum.

So since my car does not change its vibrations with or without vacuum I think the mount is bad and should be replaced.
Dealer did not buy this argument.

Can anyone who has a 2008-2011 I4 check to see if they get increased vibes when the top vacuum hose is removed from the mount solenoid?
It is down and left from the oil dipstick in the pic with three tiny dots next to it, little rubber boot on top. there are 2 hoses coming out towards the front of the car. remove the top one going to the mount and please check if there are and increased vibrations. Thanks again.
LXenginebay.jpg

ScreenShot.png

If you don't have this car/engine do you have any advice/thoughts?

I have a 2006 Honda Accord 2.4 and its not the smoothest Ive ever felt, however, it is the smoothest idle of any 4 cylinder Ive felt.

Seems like you are diagnosing it correctly according to the FSM. Odd that the stealer isn't agreeing and jumping at the chance for some warranty work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back