Mercedes WinterFit

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Anybody have experience with this product?

My M5 has two washer fluid containers, a concentrated one and the regular fluid one.

We don't have a local BMW dealer, the closest is a 45 minute drive.

We do however have an MB dealer, and being German, I figured they'd probably have something similar. They have a product called SummerFit which you mix with water and then put in for summer use (as the name implies) and then they have a much larger bottle called WinterFit, which is a winter fluid concentrate, supposed to be mixed in a similar manner. Though the dealership stated that they mix with with conventional washer fluid.

Since my car has two reservoirs, I filled the "concentrate" reservoir with the WinterFit fluid and then put regular winter washer fluid in the main reservoir.

It is supposed to be good for the headlight washers from what I've read, which is good I suppose.

Semi-offtopic..

how do the new LED headlights do in the winter.. they produce much less heat.. so I'd imagine the icing on them is worse than normal.

I'd have probably just grabbed some splash -35F washer fluid and been done.. but thats not OVERKILL :p

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DoiInthanon
Sounds like overkill to me.

Welcome to high end German cars.

On my last S class they circulated coolant around the windshield to warm it, along with the exterior mirrors, windshield washer nozzles, and headlight washers. All of this was automatically controlled based on exterior temperatures.

The best part? If you got stuck outside at the ski house and plugged in the block heater instant heat since the coolant was warm. The car came alive in like 5 minutes at -10 below. The pickup trucks would be iced up and banging around trying to get he oil warmed up, the Mercedes would be idling like a Tiger tank and defrosted.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Probably the same stuff that BMW uses. Is your washer fluid heated as well?

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back