SCARCE PENNZOIL ULTRA 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
I just purchase a few 5 quart containers from Walmart online for $28 each plus free shipping...

So did I. Delivered in 2 days.

I ordered some this weekend, but I got an email saying the delivery is "delayed."

I can't understand why this stuff is so hard to get. Pennzoil still has it on their site, but apparently no one is stocking it locally, and you can't get it reasonably from Amazon, so you're stuck either paying $50 plus per case from Amazon, or hoping Wal-Mart delivers the order. If I can get my shipment, I'll keep ordering until I get 5-6 of the 5 quart bottles, and then I'll buy a case from Amazon to round out the 6 quarts per oil change I need.

Any word at all on why no one seems to want to stock it?

Originally Posted By: nepadriver
I bought a 5qt jug at Wal-Mart today for $26.97+tax. Maybe I should go buy the rest?

I'm going by the only local Wal-Mart that has any this morning. If they have enough, I'll get a few of the 5qt jugs.

Originally Posted By: DGarner211
Originally Posted By: nepadriver
I bought a 5qt jug at Wal-Mart today for $26.97+tax. Maybe I should go buy the rest?

I'm going by the only local Wal-Mart that has any this morning. If they have enough, I'll get a few of the 5qt jugs.

Got 3 5qt jugs today.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: stchman
Walmart stocks plenty of Pennzoil Platinum, just use PP.

If I ever run out of this stash I have and can't get any more, I'll probably do that. As it is, I prefer Ultra for my particular application. Until someone gets 150-200K miles out of a 2.0 Ecoboost on something else with no issues, I'd prefer to use the Ultra.

I'm hoping the supply will loosen up before I run out. I can get to nearly 50K miles on what I have now (assuming Wal-Mart actually delivers the 2 jugs I bought online the other day). That's with relatively conservative 7500K changes, so if UOAs demonstrate a longer OCI, it will stretch even farther.

I don't understand why it's so hard to get for a decent price. It makes me wonder if they are about to reformulate it or if they have a replacement. What's better than "Ultra?" Maybe "Pennzoil Extreme!"

Last edited:
I don't understand why it's so hard to get for a decent price. It makes me wonder if they are about to reformulate it or if they have a replacement. What's better than "Ultra?" Maybe "Pennzoil Extreme!"

Ultra has always been the unwanted stepchild of the Pennzoil product family. Notoriously hard to get, priced unusually, and barely even marketed.

Originally Posted By: dparm

Ultra has always been the unwanted stepchild of the Pennzoil product family. Notoriously hard to get, priced unusually, and barely even marketed.

It's made with unobtanium.

I ordered some this weekend, but I got an email saying the delivery is "delayed."

A couple of days later, I got a shipping notice, and it was delivered today. Hopefully we'll still be able to get it shipped at least.

My Walmart finally ran out of Ultra 5w30 and it hasn't been replaced for a few weeks. Still two rows of Ultra 5w20 though. I wonder if i can site to Store it for my Buick otherwise I'm going to put M1 0w40 in it.

Wal mart website gave me free shipping on orders over $35. So I ordered 3 of the 5 quart jugs of pennzoil ultra 5w30. I've never used it before though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back