K&N Cartridge Filter for BMW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does any one know who makes the cartridge filters for K&N (or do they make their own)? I saw AAP has them available for my BMW, but wasn't sure about their quality compared to Mann or Mahle.

K&N pro is what I have for my 08 328XI. I used a Mahn for my first oil change. Next few will be K&N. From all I've read the Mahn and Mahle are good to go as well. Please post results whatever filter you end up with.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT
K&N pro is what I have for my 08 328XI. I used a Mahn for my first oil change. Next few will be K&N. From all I've read the Mahn and Mahle are good to go as well. Please post results whatever filter you end up with.

I have a Mann filter in my stash now and was thinking of getting a K&N with the oil change special AAP is offering now. I might try both and see which one does better. If I do, I will post my UOA's for each filter (using same oil).

Originally Posted By: kjbock
Originally Posted By: BISCUT

I have a Mann filter in my stash now and was thinking of getting a K&N with the oil change special AAP is offering now. I might try both and see which one does better. If I do, I will post my UOA's for each filter (using same oil).

Very nice! I just picked up my 08 and am doing a short OCI first so I'll sleep better. I have a few K&N's from Amazon special so they will be on there for the next few changes.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Depends on the application, but based on some photos, the K&N cartridges are Hengst.

I thought it looked to be similar in construction to the Hengst filters from the photos (just red instead of yellow).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back