Best Semi truck Engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: NateDN10
Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
Dupont Dodge Viper Blue Pearl Elite body paint w the frame and undercarriage painted in Dupont Dodge Viper Red. Have some pics posted at my Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/cliff.downing.7/photos

Very nice indeed! Silly question, but what sort of fuel economy does a truck like this attain these days?

Already talked about earlier in the thread.

Missed it -thanks!

Originally Posted By: blackman777
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
In the marine world were just starting to get screwed by this emissions nonsense, I can't wait.

Also diesel locomotives. They are expected to cut their NOx, CO, and PM (soot) emissions by half in 2016. I was on a train going over the Colorado Rockies, and it was belching thick black smoke. How is Amtrak, Conrail, etc supposed to clean that up?

Also I understand cutting the soot with filters/traps but I don't understand what's so horrible about NOx? The EPA should work-out some trading system where if CO is zero (as is the case with most diesels) then more NOx may be output. i.e. Instead of CO = 0.1 and NOx = 0.1 gram/mile make it a combination: CO + NOx may equal 0.2 g/mile.

Diesel locomotives have very long service life. It is very common to see EMD 2 stroke products from the 70's still in service, especially in the east side of the country. You guys out west tend to see newer equipment.

As for your trip, it is my experience that Amtrak rides their equipment hard and puts it away wet. They wore out their fleet of F40PH's much sooner than a freight line would have.

Still beats the torture and poor service of commercial aviation though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back