Chicken Pox are a Bit..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as it turns out my mother was right, I never had Chicken Pox as a kid. I got'em now, and let me tell you what a freaking PITA they are. My face, scalp, and upper torso are just about completely covered and sleeping during the night is impossible. Fever, chills, cold sweats, and hurting to the bones was the start, then came the beginning of the rash Saturday morning.

I must have been exposed to them 100's of times over the years working for customers and never came down with them. A doctor told me I must have had a mild case as a child and my mother forgot, I believed him, and never perused it any further. If any of you guys never had the Chicken Pox get the shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In hindsight I wish I did.

I've had them twice. Once at 8 and again at 30. There is no such thing as a lifetime immunity my doctor said.

They really suck as an adult.

I will be blunt. The older you are when you get chicken pox the worst the symptoms are. Try a warm oatmeal bath and get as much rest as possible, drink plenty of fluids, and hopefully next weekend you will feel better and be on the mend.

I had them in 10th grade. Most other classmates had it during elementary grades. It was bad. I was off school for a week.

I had them in the magic week between finishing high school exams and graduation.
frown.gif

I remember that for whatever reason my sleeping bag was the most comfortable thing on my skin, so that's where I camped out.

I had them twice. Once @2yr and once really bad at 10. Definitely right the older you get them the worse off you are.. esp. 30+

I even had them on the bottom of feet etc.. wierd places they say you dont usually get them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I must have been exposed to them 100's of times over the years working for customers and never came down with them. A doctor told me I must have had a mild case as a child and my mother forgot, I believed him, and never perused it any further. If any of you guys never had the Chicken Pox get the shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In hindsight I wish I did.

You would have been exposed millions of times...exposure to a virus doesn't mean that you'll get it...99.9999999 (whatever) percent of the time your immune system will destroy it.

For now the itch has subsided, but when I go to bed it's brutal. Tylenol works for exactly 6 hours, almost to the minute, that always amazed me. Benadryl [sp] helps with the itch along with the oatmeal baths, and Calamine lotion. God I hope you guys are wrong and I don't get it again. As soon as I can I will get the shingles vaccine.

At your age, or mine, I don't think that this would be a great deal of fun.
I had chicken pox while in elementary school and I remember the delight of laying on the living room couch for a few days watching game shows instead of walking to school first thing in the morning.
I don't think I'd find it so delightful now.

u sure its chicken pox and not herpeeee ?

I had it when I was 8, after play with neighbor girl that had it, got home, then 3 my brother also get it from me too.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug

I had it when I was 8, after play with neighbor girl that had it, got home, then 3 my brother also get it from me too.

I'm not sure, I'm positive it's Chicken Pox.

I'm not sure, I'm positive it's Chicken Pox.

u gotta get yourself check sir

Originally Posted By: edhackett
The virus that causes Chicken Pox is a herpes virus.

Ed

Yes you're correct. A variant of herpes, or cousin of herpes. All I care about now is sleeping.

Ed

Yes you're correct. A variant of herpes, or cousin of herpes. All I care about now is sleeping.

how can u sleep if you not sure its herpes or not, I would call my doctor right away.

how can u sleep if you not sure its herpes or not, I would call my doctor right away.

Not all herpes is genital herpes; there are several varieties. Chicken pox cures after a week, or at least goes into long-term hiding.

It won't wind up on the 'nads.

Ed

Maybe not everyone is stupidly promiscuous?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Ed

Maybe not everyone is stupidly promiscuous?

LOL

I had them about 57 years ago. Brother came home from school with them and mom put me in the same room with him, as well as a younger sister. Get it over with all at the same time she said.

I did the same thing with my oldest two kids, now in their 30s. They were age 7 and 3 at the time.

My youngest son, age 15, had them at age 3 as well. He and his older brother had a real bad case of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back