Black Friday report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: yonyon
I lucked into 7 cloves of garlic grown in VT for free! It smells great and it looks like I'll be getting a pound more of the same stuff pretty soon for the same price. Garlic sandwiches are awesome!

^^BEST price in town!!
11.gif

Originally Posted By: GMFan
After watching a few videos on YouTube of the populace fighting, wrestling, kicking, rolling on the floor, punching, stabbing and shooting each other over non-essential consumer products imagine how these people will react during an economic collapse and food scarcity. Consider yourself warned.

I'm in Canada and still stocking up on ammo, LOL!!!

This is the first year in probably 10 that I haven't worked retail on Black Friday. I got out of that gig for good, but I remember last year I worked in a major retail chain managing a cell phone kiosk. We had some deals but none that people were biting at. I took my hour early and went around grabbing what was left of Black Friday. Scored some cool deals but this year I opted to stay home. I get deals throughout the year on things I need, don't need the craziness especially that early in the morning. My luck the wrong guy crosses me and we're both in jail for bad conduct. Haha. I got some cyber deals, but nothing major. Probably didnt spend more than $50.

I accidentally got "into" Black Friday when buying the cat I need for my truck. AAP online had a banner saying to enter some code at checkout. It gave me $50 off. Would have bought the cat regardless because I needed it, but I'll take the $50 off.

I actually work in auto parts retail one day a week. I'm glad today wasn't the day. "Ay, yaw got dem wrenches be up in da paypuh?" Nope.

I did work at my full time job today, but no specials...full price everyday!

Originally Posted By: 97f150
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy

Easy, I saved a lot of "coin" today by purchasing nothing. Why did I buy nothing? Because I don't need a 32in LCD TV even if it was $10.

Life's to short to fight over trinkets.

Ditto.

Ditto!

Last year was my last "Black Friday" event. I stood outside a "Best Buy" for about 4 hours and I felt more stupid by the minute, only to go in and everybody acted like animals. I really realized, I don't need this. This year, I woke about 9 am, got dressed went to Pep boys, picked up two oil specials at 10 am, that weren't even all that good. No lines, no crowds. I don't think I will ever do the Black Fridays again.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
This is really sad...

More like completely and utterly disgusting. Despicable.

Originally Posted By: GMFan
After watching a few videos on YouTube of the animals fighting, wrestling, kicking, rolling on the floor, punching, stabbing and shooting each other over non-essential consumer products imagine how these animals will react during an economic collapse and food scarcity. Consider yourself warned.

Rule number 1 when their are no rules; he who has the guns makes the rules.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
No deaths are listed so far this year.

They do show one from this year.

Originally Posted By: martinq
No deaths are listed so far this year.

They do show one from this year.

Yes, but it was indirect. A teen who fell asleep at the wheel? I personally wouldn't attribute to the Black Friday mayhem...

If you wanted the game system and the TV, then you got a pretty nice deal.
As long as you enjoyed the experience, then I can't fault it.
I have no interest in standing in line and braving the crowds to save a couple of dollars, but I suspect that I'm in the minority in that regard.

Yes, but it was indirect. A teen who fell asleep at the wheel? I personally wouldn't attribute to the Black Friday mayhem...

I'd say it was directly related to the BF event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back