MODS: "Post your latest oil change" sticky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the mods... could we make the "Post your latest oil change" topic a sticky? I, like many others here, always update the topic when I do an oil change. Problem is, whenever I look for it, it's like 3 or 4 pages down, or I have to google it and find it that way. Not a huge deal, but I figured since it's one of the oldest and still most updated topics here, I'd ask for a sticky...
smile.gif

I would rather see a running poll of what oil people are using. Not really interested in what oil they used for their latest OCI (on a one by one basis) unless they have usage details, like a UOA, or leaks, smoke, engine fell out.

I do not think this is important enough to be a sticky.

I think making the latest oil change thread a sticky is a good idea. But I think making a "what oil are you using" poll is even better! Simple and easy to read and displays the ongoing and changing trends among our members. I know I for one like knowing what's popular within our community. Usually our members use certain oils for a reason and I like being on top of my game like the rest of you.
cool.gif

Good deal. This will increase exposure and should increase entries in the thread. I think this thread has value. This site is about oil, not a ham sandwich.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Really guys? What is the value of this thread? What's next? What did you have for breakfast this morning?

You should start such a thread in the food section. But, you'll have to come up with clear rules. You see, I'm a night person, and what qualifies as "breakfast" for me? Is it the first meal of the day, or the meal I have before I go to bed at 05:00?
wink.gif

I like the thread. Occasionally, it can spark a bit of debate when someone makes a big change.

Originally Posted By: Garak
In truth, it usually gets bumped plenty. However, it seems that each time I want to post in it, I'm hunting for the stupid thing.
wink.gif

The exact same thing happens to me too! Only I always seem to have a hard time finding it on the first page, then I go to the second page and still can't find it, only to go back to the first page and find it was there all along! It's sort of like how it always takes me three tries to put a USB stick into my computer!
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back