Which Retailers Sell Valvoline MaxLife Full Syn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmk

Many sell the MaxLife blend but can't seem to find the full synthetic. Wallyworld lists it but is out of stock. I thought I saw it at a store not too long ago.

Is the full-syn version even worth the hassle to locate? Everybody loves the common blend version, and is the syn really that much better at anything?

Advance Auto tends to have ML synthetic gallons and quarts; my Auto Zone usually just has quarts. I never see it at Pep Boys.

Thanks for the replies. All local Walmarts don't have it strangely.

Phillyjoe I'll try Advance. Autozone did not have it yesterday and was told they don't stock it.

I think I pay $22.99/gal at AAP, quarts are $6.99. I never looked for it at any local WM. With AAP you go in and out in under 5 minutes - can't say that for WM.

The only place i can find it now is my local Meijer, wally used to have it recently but its out now and doesn't look like they are re-stocking it. If you do have a Meijer in your area they do sales around Christmas with santa bucks to make buying bulk a good idea.

Originally Posted By: ag_ghost
5W-20 and 5W-30 listed as available at the O'Reilly Auto on 3310 West Roosevelt Road

Kevin

You must be looking at the synthetic blend Maxlife. Full synthetic Maxlife only comes in 5W-30 and 10W-30.

Please disregard my replies. While AAP and AZ may have what you want, I was mistakenly referring to AT fluid. Call it a brain, um, freeze.

Basically if you can't find it at Meijer or Wally your screwed. You can buy it online at Amazon though.

http://www.amazon.com/Valvoline-VV179-MaxLife-Synthetic-5W-30/dp/B000GAQSNC

$46.66 for a case of 6 = $7.77 per quart, unless you sign up for recurring shipments in which case its only $39.66 a case or 6.61 a quart.

For that kind of price though i would probably just get the Mobil 1 HM 5w30.

But you should be in luck, it looks like the Chicago area is plastered with Meijers!

http://www.meijer.com/custserv/locate_store.cmd

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Pep Boys has it here. A Wal-Mart about 50 miles from me carries it, you can try to search the Wally site and find it that way...

Does pep boys sell it in single quarts only or do they have the jug also?

Have you done the math to see if the cost difference per mile is enough different to warrant the cost or hassle to find it? I know you want to do extended drains, but if it turns out to actually be more money - is it worth it?

Originally Posted By: KD0AXS
Originally Posted By: ag_ghost
5W-20 and 5W-30 listed as available at the O'Reilly Auto on 3310 West Roosevelt Road
Kevin

You must be looking at the synthetic blend Maxlife. Full synthetic Maxlife only comes in 5W-30 and 10W-30.

I misread the nuance of the original post. I was not referencing HM of any variety only "regular" full synthetic; my bad...
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back