What to do for subwoofers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to add a few comments...

First, with modern speaker efficiency, anything over 10" is sub-bass, which you feel but you can't audibly distinguish between notes.

You really don't need two subs for listening, ignore what you see at car shows and stuff, because a single well integrated 10" will sound better than 2 for the same price.

YOU MUST FACTOR IN DYNAMAT OR EQUIVALENT INTO THE BUDGET! The quickest way to make a sound system sound like trash, annoy people, and make people laugh at your rattling car is to not properly utilize acoustic insulation. You don't have to sheet the whole trunk, there are tricks like for example using strips spaced evenly apart and in a criss cross pattern in the spare wheel well, that save money and weight but are just as effective.
I would not get the original heavy stuff, but the newer (different brands available) thin high density stuff. 1/3rd the weight or less.

I speak from my experience as an audio engineer when I say that a $500 system in a car with properly done sound damping will sound vastly better than a $2000 setup without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back