Harbpr Freight Composite ratchets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like mine. I use my 3/8's one every day at work. Its the first ratchet I grab.Never any problems with it. The only bad thing is keeping it clean. A metal tool can be wiped off with a rag but that rubber/plastic stuff gets dirty and stays dirty.

I love it.

I use my 1/4 drive a lot. The ratchet drive feels as good as anything you would get from Kobalt, Husky, or Craftsman. (significantly better than Craftsman 1/4 drive)

I usually grab the 1/4" Harbor Freight ratchet over the 1/4" Snap-On sitting right next to it. The HF seems quicker and easier to ratchet back, and I don't feel the beefy teeth of the Snap-On clicking through my wrist every turn. Yes of course the Snap-On will essentially never break and if I wanted to I could blow out the HF if I misused it, but you usually know what you're getting into before you grab a few tools out of your box.

good to know I was going to try one but figured it would slip or break & I could'nt get even scrap price out of it lol.

the stanley/proto small head 72 teeth rachets are my favorite Armstrong has one also...

I have the 3/8 and will be picking up the 1/4 soon...pretty comfy in the hand and decent ratcheting action to. Time will tell how long it will hold up.I have only had the 3/8 for about 2 months.

I have all three sizes for well over a year now and they've seen their fair share of use. So far so good, no complaints.

I was using the 3/8 one today on a pressure washer that I got done painting the base. It dawned on me that if I was using a metal ratchet I would have been scratching the paint.

I bought all three in 2010 after reading positive reviews on them. They are my go to ratchets. I like the beefy handles and the composite material is warm to the touch, which is good on cold New York days.

Great to use the 1/4" to disconnect the vehicle battery and no chance of causing a spark.

I've got the 3/8" composite ratchet. I was working on my Jeep one day and I walked in the house for just a couple of minutes. When I went back outside, it was gone. Since I don't have any neighbors within a mile of me, I couldn't figure that one out. I eventually found it about 20 yards away, with teeth marks in the handle. My border collie seemed it like it as much as I do. It wouldn't have happened if it was an all steel ratchet.

I use my 3/8" at least once a week.

I bought a 1/2" breaker bar but sadly it sheared on its first use. On the plus side getting another one at HF was a no hassle experience though.

I keep reading such good reviews on these rachets that I am going to get the 1/4 and 3/8 to have in my box. Never know when I may need something insulated.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I keep reading such good reviews on these rachets that I am going to get the 1/4 and 3/8 to have in my box. Never know when I may need something insulated.

You'll be glad you bought them.

i have the 3/8 and like it alot. lately i've been using the 3/8 with the extendable handle though.

I bought one, liked it and went and bought the other sizes. No issues so far.
Watch the sales. They go cheap enough to buy & try, and if you happen to not like it, not a big loss.

Originally Posted By: vq35de_touring
I bought a 1/2" breaker bar but sadly it sheared on its first use. On the plus side getting another one at HF was a no hassle experience though.

Why would you want another one? You could really hurt yourself when the next one breaks...

I like the HF composite ratchets I have. Not having a knurled handle digging into my skin while I am trying to reef on a bolt is nice. And, like others have said, they're my go-to wrench for removing a battery or when the wrench handle may contact electronics.

I have a 1/2" HF 25" long breaker bar. It's put up with some pretty rough use, including jumping on it and kicking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back